FAO merry Monty and Kiterunner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO merry Monty and Kiterunner.

HI each. I have received the death registration for Noel Isobel O'Neill, wife of Ernest John Olson, born 13/10/1906 Kensington died 27/3/1993 Bristol. I have looked at births for O'Neill 1906 in Kensington,no luck, so i think this is likely to be my Isobel Noel Teffer, 13/10/1906 Kensington and adopted aged 4,they could hardly change her name too much at that age.

Do you think this could be her, is there any way of finding out any more about her adoption? although I am not desperate to find out.

sunny rosy
    Last edited by Sunny Rosy; 20-11-08, 20:21. Reason: to correct death date

Have you already got her marriage certificate, Rosy?

I think you can look at the adoption index to see when she was adopted but not sure where you can actually look at the index at the moment - hopefully somebody will know.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

She can't have been legally adopted (I mean by the process introduced in 1927) as she would have been too old by that date (I think you had to be under 18 not under 21??), so there won't be an adoption cert or "adopted" on her original birth cert.

Her marriage cert may well tell you the name of her adoptive father.

Comment

Can't find a marriage for her yet?, so no haven't got a cert: for her. just looking for her daughter ****** Olson, informant of death, she was unmarried and living at home according to the cert: Haven't found a birth or marriage for Ernest yet either.

sunny rosy
        Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 20-11-08, 14:00. Reason: possible living person

Comment

If you have looked and haven't found anything, might she have spent time living in The States and possibly married there?

Remember Kite found this:

Noel OLSON
          Birth Date: 13 Oct 1906
          Death Date: 27 Mar 1993
          Social Security Number: 557-58-9396
          State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: California

I know the date of death isn't exact, but it does seem a fairly big coincidence....

I wondered if her husband died in the States as the death cert says wife of, rather than widow of, but I can't see a death for him here.

Comment

This is very odd, but am posting it anyway.....

Death notice in The Times 24th April 1950

Olson - On 21st April 1950 at St David's Home, Ealing, after a long illness born with great courage Ernest John Olson beloved husband of Jill and father of ********* and ******.<<<<the second name is the same name you had for the death informant of Noel Isobel.

The death reg in the GRO index shows this Ernest was aged 42. Now, maybe the adoptive parents did use a different first name for their daughter and that is what we are seeing here? The name Ernest John Olson seems to be very rare.

I'm pming you with the ***** names as they may still be alive.
            Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 20-11-08, 14:44.

Comment

Hmmmm.........

Another entry from The Times ......2nd May 1959

A Memorial Sevice for a Mr C Brooks was attended by a load of people including Mrs J Olson and Miss * Olson (same initial you mentioned earlier!) and listed two people before them is Mr Vincent O'Neill.

Coincidence?

Comment

Estate valuation in The Times for Jan 1961 of a Vincent Joseph O'Neill.

Hmmm....correspending death seems to be Vincent J O'Neill aged 85 Worthing 5h 717 in Q3 of 1960.

Only matching birth is without the middle initial and he's the son of a cabinet maker. The other children don't have jobs that match a barrister, though Vincent refuses to appear in 1901 :( I was hoping to find a marriage a few years before the adoption, but there's nothing to be seen.......

Maybe a fat red herring!
                Last edited by Merry Monty Montgomery; 20-11-08, 15:03.

Comment

Ah, I think Vincent O'Neill was an Irishman!

The Times 18th Nov 1905:

Calls to the Bar:

V J O'Neill barrister-at-law BA Trinity College Dublin

Comment

Originally posted by Merry Monty Montgomery View Post
                    Remember Kite found this:

Noel OLSON
                    Birth Date: 13 Oct 1906
                    Death Date: 27 Mar 1993
                    Social Security Number: 557-58-9396
                    State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: California
                    I don't think it was me who found that, I seem to remember someone else mentioning it and I wondered how they found it!

Sorry, I should have realised the dates were too early for the adoption index.
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I don't think it was me who found that
                      lol! I knew it wasn't me and couldn't be bothered to go and see if I was right!

Comment

HI

It was I that found the States Death record that you remention.

I wonder now though if this was in fact a male figure whose info I did post and have not followed up since.

WendyP

Comment

Rosie, On the 2002/3 electoral roll there's a lady with the name of the daughter who registered the death living within the Bristol postcodes (BS35....). Obviously she would be unmarried if she's the right person and this lady is recorded as a Ms.

OH says she is also in the phone book!

Comment

Oh heck it gets stranger and stranger, the death date I had typed wrong but have edited . I think she may have married in America too, I also wondered if the daughter who registered the birth may have been his from a previous marriage. On Noel's death cert she was a retired office administrator and widow of Ernest John Olson, Chartered Accountant . I also wonder if the O'Neill family were any relation to the twin that I believe to be her sister. I shall have to look into that possibility too. I'll also have a look for a Jill O'Neill marriage. I do appreciate your searching for me.

sunny rosy

Comment

So she was a widow when she died, not a wife??!!!

Comment

Yes what a dumbo I am.

rosy

Comment

I just thought it might be interesting to note that no Noel Olson appears on the California Death Index, even though they are listed on the SSID.
                                  Tracy

Comment

Sheila and Noel's mother was Eleanor M M Teffer, 1878 reg Pancras she may have had sisters Magdalina R Teffer 1881 reg Pancras and Florence E V Teffer 1887 Pancras, can't find marriages for them, maybe one of them married an O'Neill. Oh heck lots of maybes and ifs and buts LOL. I would just like to be able to tell Sheila's grandson that Noel had a long life . The info for the Times obituary, does one have to subscribe to be able to view that?

rosy

Comment

Thanks Orangeblossom. I am like a dog with a bone with this lady LOL, i.e.can't let go!!!! PMSL.

rosy

Comment

Just looking at Sheila and Noel's birth certs: just googled the address and found that they were born in the Kensington Workhouse, this is probably why Eleanor, although 28 yrs old, was unable to keep both girls and had one adopted.

rosy

Comment

Working...
                                        X