Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone read this cause of death

Extract.jpg

He was a coal miner in Dennistoun, Scotland and died in 1896 if that helps.

Thank you in advance if you can.
    Last edited by Guest; 19-11-08, 22:40.

Sorry Maggie

All I get is invalid attachment.

OOoh its come up now, hang on a minute will take a look

Comment

Do you think it could be pyuemia ? It says Intoxication following the inhalation of hydrogen fluoride.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Having trouble with the first letter

Comment

Pyaemia?

Infection of the blood causing pus-producing abscesses.
          A febrile disease supposed to be due to absorption of pus or its constituents into the blood. It usually follows wounds, suppurative inflammation of bone, or the puerperal state, and results in the formation of secondary abscesses in the viscera, joints, and connective tissue. It sometimes associated with phlebitis or embolism.
          Septicemia caused by pyogenic microorganisms in the blood, often resulting in the formation of multiple abscesses

Comment

Its just the first word for cause of death I think - the rest, although even that I can't decipher, is the certified by a certain person John someone or other.

He was my Scottish great grandfather he was 34 when he died and he worked as a coal miner.

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
              Pyaemia?

Infection of the blood causing pus-producing abscesses.
              A febrile disease supposed to be due to absorption of pus or its constituents into the blood. It usually follows wounds, suppurative inflammation of bone, or the puerperal state, and results in the formation of secondary abscesses in the viscera, joints, and connective tissue. It sometimes associated with phlebitis or embolism.
              Septicemia caused by pyogenic microorganisms in the blood, often resulting in the formation of multiple abscesses
              ahhh okay probably from an injury or something of that ilk. Infection out of control it seems.

Thank you.

I couldn't read it been studying it for hours but thats the Scottish certs for you - lots of information as long as you can decipher it.

Jeez what horrible lives they had and death not much consolation...

Comment

Working...
              X