Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know Matlock Records Office please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know Matlock Records Office please?

I am going to ring the Matlock Records Office in the morning to see if they can fit me in but I'm wondering if it is the Records Office I want. About 5 years ago I went to the small records office, on the right as you go up the hill. Then a few months later I went to the large building on the left up the hill but I'm not sure what it was called. One was to look at census pages and one was to look at the original Workhouse records books.

I now want to look at a marriage in 1829 and a couple of baptisms. Am I ringing the right place if I ring the Records Office please?

p.s. I wonder if the other one was called something like the Archives??
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

As I remember, there are 2 offices. I would think when you ring they will tell you which one you need. I can't remember I'm afraid.

Comment

I tried to check in the Wiki but all I get is IE cannot display this page, the same when I tried to Google too.

Very strange

Comment

Thanks Margaret. Of course you are right, I shall ask them which one I need when I ring. I think it's because I'm getting nervous. Last time I went, about 5 years ago the tapes kept flying round and I couldn't stop them and I was panicking in case I ruined one :o

Comment

Chrissie the record office is the right place for baptisms and marriage records, its on the right hand side as you go up the hill.
          I usually book as its often full. Parking can be a problem too, only a few places at the record office which is free.

The local studies library which is in the county offices building is on the left side.
          Kathleen

Comment

Thank you Kath. I hope they can fit me in today. You know what it's like when you have some information that you can't wait to see

Comment

Working...
            X