191 Oxford Street Bilston.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 191 Oxford Street Bilston.

In 1837 George Homer was born to parents James and Ann in Oxford Street Bilston, Staffs.
    In 1893 their granddaughter Ethel Wilkes born to Edward Wilkes and Ann Homer was born at 191 or 197 Oxford street Bilston.
    They were living elsewhere at the time so I imagine Ann went to a relative for her confinement.
    Have searched the 1891 to see who was living there at that time. Have tried an address search on Find my past. No obvious 191 so went into one of the choices and came up with William Oakey.
    Went into ancestry and put in Oakey which took me to Oxford street.
    There does not appear to be a 191.
    Grrr.
    Any thoughts?
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Have you tried looking on the Historical Directories website, Jeanie?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

No Kite, off to try.
      Many thanks
      Jeanie
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Is there any risk that "Oxford street Bilston" could have been one of those that got re-numbered at one time or another?

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Can't find anything in HD.
          You may be right Christine.
          I suppose I should try and find the street on the 1901.
          Searching for:

Comment

Working...
          X