Software advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software advice

My Mum was going to get me RootsMagic Platinum CD - I was just wondering what you all think of it. Is it worth getting?

Hi Tivvy - there was a poll recently on here which you might find interesting -

I'm a Legacy user myself and am very happy with it. I used the free download for ages before upgrading to the paid deluxe version.
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Hi Tivvy

Roots Magic is very good, there is a new version coming out soon, probably before Christmas and I think that if you buy the old version you will get a free update to the new version - but don't quote me on that.

The Platinum version is exactly the same as the basic version it just has lots of research CD's with it which you might or might not need, so you might be able to get away with the cheaper version.

Have a look at the Roots Magic Blog at RootsMagic Blog this will tell you a lot about the new version.

Just one more thing, if you buy from that well known Geneaology Supplier in Chilmark, near Salisbury you get a UK version, not much difference but it does come with a UK spell checker.

If you want a UK programme, look at Family Historian, it's more expensive, but very versatile and has a very helpful forum.

I think that's all, hope I've been of some help.

Margaret.
      Margaret

Comment

Get the free one from Family Search......very good to use.
        Sue 1950;)

While you are wanting, you are living.

Comment

I use Roots all the time, very easy to use, if you don't want all the add ons go for the basic package which is the same programme what you get with the 2 dearer packages. I paid for it online and was able to download immediately and it installed very easily
          L

Comment

Working...
          X