Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIVRI v IGI ??

Another stupid question please.

I have spent the last few nights trawling diligently through thousands (yes, I mean thousands :D) of IGI results for Heaps/Heap births but I have noticed in the past that people have dissappeared for 5 mins and come back with all (or lots) of the children born to a couple. I noticed on a thread today that someone seemed to have done this and they quoted BIVRI. On Family Search I can see the VRI - Vital Records Index. Is this the same thing please and is it better than IGI?

You wouldn't think I had been doing this for about 5 years would you :o:o
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

How disappointing.

I thought you were advertising a Thai Boxing Match.

Bivri v Igi indeed.

Humph!!
    Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

LOL :D Cheeky

Comment

Hi Chrissie,
        I have the BIVRI discs from the LDS. I believe these are records that weren't included in the IGI but some of them have been added recently.

Who were you looking for?
        Heather

Comment

Ancestry also recently added BIVRI to its databases:
          Search England & Wales Christening Records, 1530-1906 - Ancestry.co.uk
          Search England & Wales Marriages, 1538-1940 - Ancestry.co.uk
          Sarah

Comment

It's kind of you Heather but I'm beginning to think that she must have been born under a different name. I have had two threads up about her and several people have tried to help but the family seem to be gypsies, I think that's the problem. I did manage to find another brother last night but her mothers name is so odd that it's slightly different on everything

So the BIVRI that people talk about are discs then? I imagine that the VRI on family search is just an incomplete list like the IGI on there?

She was born, according to 1861 to 1901 census and her marriage cert, around 1846/1848 but unless I can find her on 1851 with the family I think I'm stumped. She always says her name is Millicent Whetton but nobody of that name seems to exist in 1851 or a birth. I do know that she was telling the truth about father William because he is with her in 1871.

Have to get the dinner now but thanks again.

Comment

Oh thank you Sarah - I hadn't noticed that. I've only just seen your reply.

I shall come back later and have a look through those

Comment

I think the Vital Records Index that they have online at FamilySearch is only for certain countries, not including the UK and Ireland.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Just a thought, Chrissie.

Have you looked for her as Emily or Amelia?

I have a lot of Mills and Millys in the family. The vicars called them Millicent or Amelia. Several of the Millicents turn up on censuses as Amelia.
                  Phoenix - with charred feathers
                  Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                    I think the Vital Records Index that they have online at FamilySearch is only for certain countries, not including the UK and Ireland.
                    A section of the Vital Records is on the Pilot site
                    for full list see
                    FamilySearch Record Search

The Vital Records on the main familysearch site are for Mexico and Scandinavia only.
                    Cheers
                    Guy
                    Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Thank you Kite - off to see what I can find on Ancestry

Thanks Phoenix - I will try that too

Comment

Working...
                      X