This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free antivirus help which

Help can anyone advise the best free on AVG or Zone Alarm ???
    Im using it on Laptop with Vista, not buying another one as already have it on main computer Norton ;;;or will that protest me ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

I use AVG with Vista - never had a problem with it Babs.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks babe , so do need a seperate one for the lappy then wondered with it coming from cable broadband via wireless??

Comment

hi Babs AVG is just a anti virus Zonealarm is a firewall you will need both, and you do need it on both PC and Laptop
        Uninstall whatever one you have first though as they clash

Comment

Think I have Defeder firewall just made sure was switched on when it warned me the other had ran out ;;

Comment

sorry Babs lost my internet ,couldnt get back on , if you have windows defender on it will clash with AVG I think you will find .

Comment

Zonealarm! every time, best in the business

Comment

Thanks very much for that Pilgrim know daughter has paying version ;
                Val that rings a bell with me from years ago ;;;

Comment

Babs are you saying that you have already paid for Norton, if so you can use it on more than 1 pc
                  Kathleen

Comment

Oh right Kath so how will I do that then please???

Comment

Oh forget that ,,,to do that Ihave to pay and additional £34 -56 ermm no chance

Comment

I'm using 64 bit Vista and use Avast - free anti-virus software and windows defender, which comes with Vista.

FREE antivirus software for Windows with anti-spyware protection: avast! Home Edition

Clare

Comment

I didn't have to pay extra, I cant remember if I e mailed them or used the live chat line on Norton. They gave me a free upgrade until my subscription ran out.
                          I thought you could use even the basic one for more than 1 pc.
                          Having said that, I may not pay next year as my daughter's sub has just run out and they wanted £59 although she was told hers would be cheaper because she bought the Norton on CD.
                          Kathleen

Comment

Kath just went into my account and in it it said 1 computer upgrade to cover another so clicked on the link and it sent me to Aus /Asian page were they said $51.28 for it converted it and thought no way ;;;;

Thanks Littlemoo have heard of that one before but never used it ;;

Comment

I just asked them if it was possible to have it on more than one pc and they didn't charge, its worth asking. You could try the online chat, its like MSN and you will get an answer straight away. I downloaded the free AVG for my daughter though, she didn't want to pay £59. I think I had paid around £30 for mine.
                              Kathleen

Comment

Like littlemoo, I also use Avast and Windows Defender. Never had any problems.
                                Sarah

Comment

Right will have good look at that when come back in ,,,thanks Cloggie

Comment

Working...
                                  X