Submitting Corrections on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submitting Corrections on Ancestry

Does anyone know if you can do a whole family at once or have you got to do each one???? It would have to be a family of 10.

no wonder I couldn't find them Nyona...:( and i was looking for Trezona...

At the moment, I can't get the Corrections system to work. It keeps claiming that "the record can't be retrieved" - or something like that.

Very annoying when you can see that a name's been garbled, but can't put in a corrective report. :(

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I keep trying, Perranmaid, by putting "whole family are surnamed Bloggs" but it doesn't work, I'm afraid!

OC

Comment

Sorry - in reply to your question - I usually correct only one, but I suspect that one ought to do the lot really. If I do decide to report a whole family, then I try to find a formula which will cover all of them, and paste it into something else so that I can copy & paste the correction-narrative into each one, instead of typing it.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thankyou both I will go and do them all then.

Christine I doing now without a problem.

Comment

A couple of days ago I received a message from Ancestry saying that one of my corrections had been added to their indexes.

As far as I can recall (I submitted it ages ago!), I only corrected the surname of the head of the family, but the correction has been used for all the family members at that address, which saved a lot of bother!
            Helen

(searching amongst others for
            BADGER, HALL/JOHNSON, KEY, KING, MURPHY, NEUMANN/NEWMAN AND VALE)

Comment

You have to do them individually which is a tedious process. How I long to be able to just put in a correction for the whole thing, including wrongly transcribed ages, birthplaces, occupations, relationships...
              ~ with love from Little Nell~
              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Yes, I was beside myself with fury the other day when I found "Ramsey, Scotland" as a birth place, when the image CLEARLY read Isle of Man...on the Isle of Man census!

OC

Comment

I've tried to correct a whole family by just entering the information in the comments section. I only did this last week though so don't know if it will work. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the family now (just came across it while searching one of my names), so can't go back and amend them all.
                  Jenny

Comment

I corrected a whole family on the 1891 census (all at the same address). It was ages ago and now I have to search under the correct name...lol

I was so used to searching Felelknoil to get my Melhuish family....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
                      I was so used to searching Felelknoil to get my Melhuish family....lol
                      oh god libby!! they didnt stand a chance!!

Comment

They do seem to come up with some corkers, this one really took the biscuit as far as this name goes. But to be fair.... when you look at the image I can see why in this case.
                        Anyway done them all so hopefully others will find them when looking.

Comment

Working...
                        X