closure needed on Elizabeth Gurr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• closure needed on Elizabeth Gurr

I would like to find the death of Elizabeth White. This is my great great grandmother, Born Elizabeth Gurr 8 DEc 1837 Chart Sutton Kent. She is one of my earliest certificates being kind enough to be born after registration. She married James Freed Dec 1858 Hollingbourne Maidstone and they had 8 children that I know about. James died 1878 and Elizabeth remarried to George White in 1886. They moved to Higham Kent (nr Gravesend) and are living there in the 1901 census. I was waiting for the 1911 census to see if Elizabeth is still around as I cant find her death. I did find a death of a George White in the parish records for Higham on the Medwaycityark website but with it being a common name I am not sure if that is her husband or not.
    I have searched the Gravesend and Dartford districts for her death. There are a few but all are the wrong ages.
    Anybody able to help please?

This one is a couple of years out but maybe worth a try?

Deaths Sep 1911 White Elizabeth 77 Gravesend 2a 817
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

This age is good - what's the area like?

Deaths Jun 1907 WHITE Elizabeth 69 Faversham 2a 547

Comment

There are too many possibles as you say aren't there Gloryer. I don't know the area so these may be wildly out but they are all Kent. It's a pity she didn't have a middle name. There are quite a few more 'close' ages too.

Deaths Jun 1912 White Elizabeth 73 Strood 2a 706

Deaths Dec 1914 WHITE Elizabeth 76 Croydon 2a 466

Comment

I dont think she went to Faversham, But strood is a possiility. I was thinking that she stayed in Higham. I spoke to my dads cousin about Elizabeth being in Higham and she says she can remember visiting relatives at HIgham but cant remember who it was. Probably one of Elizabeth's children as we dont have any other family from there. She did have a couple of her children with her in 1901 so maybe they remained there.
          So if she is still around in 1911 I am not any nearer to finding her death.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
            This one is a couple of years out but maybe worth a try?

Deaths Sep 1911 White Elizabeth 77 Gravesend 2a 817
            I did see this one but calculated it as being 3 years out. But then again she was born in December 37 so would have been aged 73 in 1911

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              There are too many possibles as you say aren't there Gloryer. I don't know the area so these may be wildly out but they are all Kent. It's a pity she didn't have a middle name. There are quite a few more 'close' ages too.

Deaths Jun 1912 White Elizabeth 73 Strood 2a 706
              This one looks closest in age and areas. It would be a long shot to order the certificate though. I wonder if I can find the burial on the parish registers but the ones I have seen so far only give an address so not really much use in clarifying her death.

Comment

I think I may have found my answer. I have just gone through the parish records again for Higham and mor must have been added since I last looked. I found a death for a George White Dec 1907 aged 67 and an Elizabth White May 1912 aged 73. When I looked at freebmd both deaths are registered at Strood which then covered Higham. The address given for George White is different to ELizabeth White's address so looks like she may have moved after his death.

Comment

Oh that's great Gloryer. It looks like it may be that one then.

Comment

Working...
                  X