Avery Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avery Labels

I have found this programme very good and have just done a batch of some 150 labels.

While I edited the data base list first I still missed a few amendments and have cleared unwanted addresses I may even have more to add before I print them off. This now leaves me with blanks and I wonder if there is a way of shuffling the addres labels in the layout to fill up the pages.

Any help please and thank you.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Will your programme do a sort?

Comment

James,

Not that I know of, if only it did.
      Last edited by Margaret N; 18-11-08, 16:48.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

The only way I have ever found of doing this is to cut and paste - very boring if you want to keep them in the same order. I now try to remember to make all of the alterations before finalising the labels - from the selection of which ones through to any errors - it takes a bit of time but is much quicker in the long run if you are doing lists of labels that you want kept in the same order.
        Sorry - I know you didn't want to hear that but unless anyone else has found another way - I would be very grateful to hear about it too!!
        Marion
        There is no absolute truth - and no final answer.

Comment

Marion,

On my smaller lists I do just that 'Cut and Paste'. I am just trying to get my labels all set up and ready for the off but as I say my lists often change each day.

Keep Watching this thread we may all learn something.
          Margaret N

Comment

I use Avery Design Pro and that has a sort function. You sort the database in the order you want it to print.
            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thank you Wendy,
              I hadn't come across the Pro before (it's been so long since I had the old Avery label system) - am downloading it now - hope it's the answer to Margaret's prayers!
              Marion

Comment

Wendy,

I downloaded Avery 3.1 was that the correct version?

Will be back on site later.
                Margaret N

Comment

nudge
                  Margaret N

Comment

I typed in Avery Design Pro and it came up with Avery DesignPro for PC | Avery
                    Marion

Comment

Marion,
                      Have you used Avery Design Pro with Vista? They do not mention it on the free version only the one you buy.

Wendy, mentioned it and I wondered if I had the programme that she meant.
                      Margaret N

Comment

Hi Margaret,
                        No - I have kept well away from Vista and sit on XP. I did try the Pro quickly but it seemed a little more complex than the "old" programme - and the labels turned out the wrong size as well - I didn't have time to fiddle but will have another go soon for my Christmas ones.
                        Marion

Comment

Working...
                        X