Grace & Brady family puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grace & Brady family puzzle

Family notes from a second cousin's grandfather says that one of his sisters, Mary (aka Minnie) Brady married a Mr Grace..possibly Arthur Grace. They lived in Dublin and came over to England. He was a glass worker in St Helens for a time...possibly in the 1920's or 30's

I have recently obtained a marriage certificate of Mary's sister Bridget Josephine Brady in 1908 Dublin and Mary Grace was one of the Witnesses.

Another second cousin who lives in Dublin, has details of his grandfather's marriage (Michael Brady) in 1913 and who should be one of the witnesses...Mary Grace again!

There are numerous Mary Grace's on the 1911 Dublin Census so I can't pin her down..certainly no Arthur Grace anywhere. Perhaps she was living in England and came over for her sisters' weddings.

Our Gt Grandfather Michael Brady's first born child was a Mary Brady born in 1873 Dublin, but as only 11 of the 18 children born to him and his wife survived, no guarantee that this Mary Brady is the one who married Mr Grace.
    We know of 7 that did survive to adulthood so Mary born in 1873 could have died and there was another Mary born at a later date.

Has anybody got a Mary Grace nee Brady in their family tree?

This one is driving me nuts!
    teresa

Don't suppose you have any Connors floating around (Tallaght, Dublin) ?
    Think one of my female ones married a Brady

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

I only have 2 Graces, one in Wandsworth and one in Australia. Neither of them is a Mary.
      Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

ooooh - Gramp, who's your Grace from Wandsworth?

I did a friends tree for her mothers 8oth last year and she is one of a load of Graces from that area
        Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Hi Rachel

Not found any Connor's in my Brady family....as yet.
          teresa

Comment

Originally posted by kathsgirl.48 View Post
            Hi Rachel

Not found any Connor's in my Brady family....as yet.

Just remembered .... what about Dowling ?

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Annie Grace, b abt 1857 Wandsworth. Married James Caleb Clacy. Had 4 children that I know of in Croydon between 1882 and 1885
              Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                Just remembered .... what about Dowling ?

No Dowling's either!
                teresa

Comment

Received an email last night from my second cousin Charles with the following details.

Mary Grace nee Brady took his father, Charles Arthur Brady to England. c.1920 he would have been about 6 or 7 at the time.
                  The address was 111 Hardshaw Street, St Helens, Lancashire. His father said it was an end house. Charles Arthur Brady went to Holy Cross Convent, St Helens, Lancashire, there was steps up to the school.
                  From his notes, he has Mary Brady married to Arthur Grace who was a glass worker in St. Helens and over the name is the name Mudgie. He's not sure that may have been the name that she used.

Charles Arthur Brady's father (Michael Charles Brady) died in 1919 and it was after this that Mary Grace took Charles Arthur Brady to England. At some point later on, his mother Bridget Brady nee O'Brien discovered where he was living with Mary Grace and brought him back to Dublin.

Can anybody relate to this strange story in their family?
                  teresa

Comment

Working...
                  X