FTM 2009 and family group sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2009 and family group sheets

Just got FTM 2009 for my birthday, having used 2005 for several years, and I'm having trouble getting it to do family group sheets like the 2005 version did.:(

I've always done them with page 1 as outline details of the parents, plus the children; next page facts and notes for father, then facts and notes for mother. It's nice and clear, and a quick glance at the first page shows a high level view of the whole family with more detail on the following pages.

In 2009, including 'facts' puts the father's facts on the 1st page, and instead of just listing the children their facts are included too. The whole thing is a mess. Has anyone found a way round this?

(This all sounds really confusing but it's driving me mad! I've tried including different things and doing individual rather than groups sheets but nothing gets me what I want! I like 2009 overall but I can see me going back to 2005 if I can't sort this!)

I know what you mean Lindsay. I've found that all the reports are different to the 2005 version and I haven't found a way of getting the family group sheet to look the same.

To get round this I export all my reports to rft in word and editing out the bits I don't want. A bit long winded, but I'm getting used to doing it now.

Have you been able to register your copy? Every time I try to do this I get a page that tells me to try later - can't remember the exact wording, but something to do with technical problems.
    Sue

Comment

Thanks for the reply Sue. I'll try your suggestion - it's that or start swapping files between 2005 and 2009 and I don't think that will end well!

I haven't tried registering my copy yet - my Ancestry subscription finishes soon, and I was thinking of letting it lapse until after Christmas (as I don't seem to use it at the moment) and then start off again in the new year with the FTM freebie.

I might succumb though!

Comment

I haven't been able to register mine, either. I rang a few weeks ago, and despite all their efforts in trying different possible solutions with me, we gave up!

Since then I've been sent an email for their tech team with details of a 'workaround' to the problem some have experienced, until they find a proper solution. This has worked in part - I can now log on to ancestry from within the FTM programme - but it's exceptionally slow ... good if you want time to make a cuppa, and maybe do your h.....work while you're waiting!!

But I am getting used to the new format of the programme.

Bee.
        Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
        COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

Working...
        X