Help on improving image for printing please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on improving image for printing please

I have finally found my grandfathers war records on Ancestry very interesting they are too he even hit his commanding officer .
    Thing is some of the pages are so faint, and I'm not too good at changing the printer settings any ideas please , thanks

Val, rather than change the printer settings (not sure if that is possible anyway) you could try importing the image into your photo editing program and enhancing it there before sending it to the printer.

Anne

Comment

ummmm thanks Anne but how do I do that, Im a complete dumbo when it comes to Photo editing

Comment

Sorry, Val, I'm not much better :o. I hope someone can come to your rescue.

What program do you use for your photos and JPEG images? We use one which came free with the camera and is fine for what we need. I think most programs have an 'edit' button with lots of options for enhancing an image - some of them automatic

The trouble with many of the progams is that they are so blinking complicated that it takes about a year to work out how to use it!

Anne

Comment

Have sent you a PM Val.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

thanks Anne I wish I was clever but Im not when it comes to editing anything ,I actually wasted near enough a whole cartridge of black ink running off the copies.
            Thanks very much Wendy am sorting them out now .

Comment

Val,

Why not upload the image to the "Photo restoration......please submit yours" in the Family Tree Photos forum and ask if anyone can improve the image. It sounds as though you only need tweak the contrast to enable you to read the writing.
              Someone will be able to do it for you and then you can print the image off.

Cheers,Neil.

Comment

Nasher thanks very much problem is I really want about 20 pages printed off

Comment

Working...
                X