Noel Isabel Olson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noel Isabel Olson

I have just stumbled across the death of a Noel Isabel Olson registered in Bristol March Q 1993, dob 13/10/1906, which is the same dob of the person I am interested in. Was this a maiden or married name I have been unable to find out, can anyone very kindly find her , before I send for the death cert.please?

sunny rosy

It's actually the month of March, not the quarter. The name will be what the informant knew her as, so if she was married it ought to be her married name.

Looking at Ancestry FreeBMD for a likely birth, all the Noels are male (Noelle is the usual girl's name) and there are no likely Olsons.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

The only birth I can see on freeBMD with the Noel Isobel combination in the 4th quarter 1906 is this one

Isabel Noel Teffer : 1906 Oct-Nov-Dec
      District: Kensington
      County: Greater London, London, Middlesex
      Volume: 1a
      Page: 98

You would need to search the marriage registers to see if you can find a Teffer/Olson marriage
      Elaine

Comment

hi

even more of a 'coincidence' there is a Social Security death notice for a person of exact name and date details and states they were in the UK at the US consolate in London

Noel I Olson Being born on the 13 October 1906 and passing on the 27 March 1993

Is a coincidence?
        WendyP

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          The only birth I can see on freeBMD with the Noel Isobel combination in the 4th quarter 1906 is this one

Isabel Noel Teffer : 1906 Oct-Nov-Dec
          District: Kensington
          County: Greater London, London, Middlesex
          Volume: 1a
          Page: 98

You would need to search the marriage registers to see if you can find a Teffer/Olson marriage
          WE've been here before, haven't we? Sister of Sheila??

Comment

Yes Merry, sorry it's the same lady. it does seem a big coincidence that Noel Olson's birth date was the same as Noel Teffer's. I had given up more searching and then stumbled upon the death for Noel Olson. ..... the name Olson is also on my friend's tree..... on his maternal line, whereas Teffer is on his Paternal line.. the Olson I was looking for is also elusive as he went missing during WW1, maybe killed in action. But... that's another story.

rosy

Comment

I would say it's the same person, but the cert would confirm as it should give a maiden name and place of birth (as known by the informant!), you would probably get the husband's name too.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help I am going to send for the certificate.

sunny rosy

Comment

I have sent for the cert: watch this space...

sunny rosy

Comment

But of course she may have been born in the USA, mayn't she? And the two names are the other way round from your Isabel Noel, but fingers crossed.
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                    X