Another ancestry question!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another ancestry question!!

I have finally bit the bullet and canceled my ancestry UK sub which lasts till the end of November.
    I have joined, under my husbands name, the Oz site.
    Since it is under his name, do you think I will be able to attach my tree to the Oz site?
    Or would it be better to cancel husbands free trial and join in my own right?
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

I only have one tree on Ancestry which i can access from both sites Jeanie,

Sylvia
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Comment

I think it will depend on your Ancestry username and password, Jeanie. Have you set up a whole new account (with new username & password) in his name?

You wouldn't be able to simply access the tree connected to your original account if you are using a different username & password. But you could give your husband access to your tree and make him an Editor, so that he can add to your tree.
      Sarah

Comment

Thats a thought,
        And I suppose that even though I will just be a 'visitor' on ancestry uk my tree will still be on there.
        Many thanks to both of you.
        Searching for:
        English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Hi Jeanie,

I have just been checking on cancelling as my sub has just renewed at £83.40 but for the Premium Membership whereas the Oz site is only £63.72, but I don't know if there is a cancellation fee, but one thing I did notice is that even if you cancel you remain as a Guest on their books and you can still have free access to any tree you have created and some of the databases are still free to Guests as well.
          Cheers, Neil.

Comment

Thanks Neil,
            My subs run out on the 30th so no cancellation fee.
            I am tempted to cancel husbands free trial and then get one in my own right from the
            30th but am afraid that the Oz subs may go up.
            oh what a dilemma!!
            Searching for:

Comment

Working...
            X