Copying a photo from a word doc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying a photo from a word doc.

Someone has kindly sent me their history as part of a word doc. This has loads of photos on it.
    If I right click on the photo it says copy but no choice comes up to say where to.
    When I close it down it says I have stuff in clipart and do I want it to be saved in another application. I say yes but I have no idea where to find either clipart or the other application.
    Help please.
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Jeanie, does it definitely say clipart, or does it say on the clipboard? Anyway, when you click "copy", it puts it onto the clipboard, then you should open Microsoft Paint or any other image-processing program you have (Photoshop or whatever) and right-click and select "paste" - this will paste the picture into your new document and you can then save it. You will probably have to do this for each picture in turn as the clipboard might only hold one picture at a time.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Kite,
      I want to turn the photos into a jpeg so that I can put them on to tribalpages.
      I do not know what I have done differently but have managed to save a photo as a word doc, seperate from the text.
      Any thoughts?
      Last edited by Jeanie with one n.; 10-11-08, 10:08.
      Searching for:
      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Well I am totaly useless because I cant save them any more. It does say clip board and if I hit edit picture it gives the option to paste.
        Searching for:

Comment

Hi Jeanie,
          I just use Paint to save pics from a word doc.

Go to start, All programmes, Accessories and you should see Paint listed.

Just paste the picture into paint and then click on File. Choose Save As (Not Save) from the drop down menu and then you will be given the choice of saving as JPG in the box that opens.

Hope that you can understand this.
          Last edited by Lyn A; 10-11-08, 11:21.

Comment

Many thanks Lyn,
            off to have a go.
            Searching for:

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanie with one n. View Post
              Many thanks Lyn,
              off to have a go.
              Fingers crossed for you!;)

Comment

Hi Lyn, I have found paint. It comes up with a white square in the top left hand corner. I click paste having already gone on the word doc and clicked copy but nothing is happening apart from a small pencil showing!!
                Last edited by Jeanie with one n.; 10-11-08, 12:26.
                Searching for:

Comment

Jeanie, when I first open up Paint it shows a blank white rectangle taking up about 1/4 of the whole Paint window. The mouse pointer appears as a little pencil and I cannot right-click at that stage (it is possible to right-click when using some of the other tools, but not when the pencil is selected).
                  But I can paste the image in by clicking on Edit > Paste.
                  I've just tried it with an image copied from a Word document and it works perfectly.
                  Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah,
                    Off to try once again.
                    Searching for:

Comment

Well there's good news and bad news!!
                      I have managed to save the photo but it has come with a large white rectangle next to it.
                      I have had this problem before.
                      Off to see how I fixed it last time.
                      Many thanks to you all for your help.
                      Searching for:

Comment

Hi Jeanie,

Glad to hear it worked! You can get rid of the extra white space in Paint using the rectangular selection tool (the dotted rectangle at the top of the tools pallete). Use it to draw a box around the part of the image you want to keep, and then right-click and Crop (or select Image > Crop from the menu). Then re-save your file.
                        Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah,
                          Have managed to crop. The only trouble is that they are not jpeg but bitsomething so the quality not so good.
                          However, it's good enough for tribalpages.
                          Many thanks for all your advice which I am about to write down.
                          Searching for:

Comment

When you save an image in paint you can click on "Save as", and below "File name" there is a heading "Save as type" with a drop-down menu and you can select JPEG from that menu.
                            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Kite,
                              When I did that I had a large bit of white next to the photo. When I cropped it the choice of jpg was not there.
                              Now off to sort out my docs page which has loads of my failed attempts!!
                              Many thanks for your help
                              Jeanie
                              Searching for:

Comment

Bitmap images are better quality than jpeg images, but have a larger file size. As Kite says, you can save as a different type of image file in Paint.
                                Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah and Kite,
                                  Have been trying again. Am often described as trying!!
                                  When I edit>paste the image comes with the little moving dots around it.
                                  I then click in the middle and hit save as and it does not give me a choice of jpg.
                                  If I go into file at the top the dots disappear and the photo is saved uncropped.
                                  I must be missing a step somewhere.
                                  Sorry to be such a pain
                                  Jeanie
                                  Searching for:

Comment

I think you may be missing the "Crop" step.
                                    When you have the little dots moving around the image, right-click in the image and then click on Crop. (or you can select Image > Crop from the menu). This will get rid of the white space surrounding the moving dots.
                                    Then, in the menu, click on File > Save As, and you should have the option of choosing from different file types.
                                    Last edited by Cloggie; 10-11-08, 14:53.
                                    Sarah

Comment

Many thanks Sarah.
                                      Searching for:

Comment

Lynn,

Did you use Photobucket to insert your image or is their another option. Somehow I just do not like anything about Photobucket.

After all the years that I have played with a PC I have never understood why when I try to copy an image to say an email I get a white box with a red cross in it.
                                        Margaret N
                                        DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
                                        X