Bristol burials...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol burials...

I usually tell people off for saying they are asking a "stupid" question. But this might take the cake....

All my own fault, but many years ago someone found some burials in Bristol for me. I printed the info and then somehow completely forgot about it.

I've just come across it and it asks more questions than it answers....lol

The burials are all pre 1837 so no certs.....and the family (Ariel) were non-cons, so no baptisms of babies.

Is there any other way of tracing where they fit in??

I can make a "sort of" educated guess on a couple but no proof.

Nothing in the wills has helped.

I'm not sure where the person found the records , but would the originals have ages?

They are all from Broadmead Baptist and Lewins Mead Unitarian churches.

I don't think it's a stupid question.

I don't have an answer though.
    Kit

Comment

do you remember where your person got the records from? as in, who gave them to you?

Comment

Thanks Kit.......

Kyle....I've no idea. I think it was GR...certainly before this site existed. It was when I was just getting into this addiction...lol

Comment

what are the details and the time frame?
          do you know the actual churches they're from, or just the denominations?
          have you found probable births/marriages for these people?

Comment

The ones I'm interested in are all at Broadmead Baptist. I did email them ages ago and didn't get a reply, so might try again.

Not sure which record office would have them as I did email Bristol and they were not sure.

I got some PRs from Devon ages ago and they were great, but maybe because they were C of E.

The time frames are:

ARIEL David 1817
            ARIEL Jane 1821
            ARIEL Jane 1824
            ARIEL Ann Kirkby 1824
            ARIEL William 1826
            ARIEL Ann Kirkby 1828
            ARIEL Emela 1829

Never heard of Emela (could be Emily) but the first Emily I've found married Myles Ariel in 1848.

I think these are all or mostly children of Myles and Elizabeth (married 1815), although not sure.

They had a son David in 1818 who died in West indies in 1838, so he could have been the replacement of the David buried 1817.??

Comment

I'm sure that such recent burials would have ages on the originals, becuse of Rose's Act 1812. They will also tell you the deceased's residence.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

You can buy a CD from Bristol & Avon FHS which includes those burials, but because it is an index I'm not sure if it will include the full transcriptions - hopefully if you contact them to ask they can tell you:
                burials & memorials plus menu
                KiteRunner

Comment

Thanks, KiteRunner.............I was hoping they would.

Now can anyone tell me where I might get them???

Comment

Sorry, Kite...we crossed.

Comment

Ooooh, at least some of them are on the BMD Registers site, and that should have the full details but you have to buy credits to view each one - if you go ahead with it, make sure you view image rather than transcription. Some of them give parents' names on the free search. Just do a free search putting in surname Ariel and select deaths & burials as the "event type":
                      BMD Registers: The Official Non-Parochial BMDs Service
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                      X