Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best site for army information

Hi

Can anyone tell me which is the best www site for checking out army records?

I'm trying to find my grandfather's real father. He was adopted and all we know is that his father was in the army and his mother was an irish singer.

Through DNA we have found his paternal line was the Manchip family. So at least I have a surname!

Any advice would be great

Thanks

I think it is going to depend on what kind of date you are looking at - for instance, would he have been in the army during WW1?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

There are a number of links on our Wiki, I think. It does depend on what sort of info you're after, and what the date-range is.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
      X