AOL Dial BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOL Dial BB

As anyone had problems with AOL Dial BB.

Since AOL have updated there Braoadband to this Dial BB. I can not get a Automatic live update for my Norton Internet Security. I have to manually update my Antivirus.

I reinstalled Norton Internet Security but it still the same.
    Also on other programmes like Windows Media Player says not connected to the internet.

I tried reinstalling AOL 9.0 VR but will not work at all now. Only way I get on the internet is with Internet Explorer by AOL Dial BB.

Some reason it says my speed is 100.0 Mbps. Which doesn't sound right.
    Pages are fast but on here can be slow.
    I'm on Windows XP.

Anyone know why some prograames say not
    connected to the internet when I am.

Sharon I am sure that AOL 9.0 VR comes with a built in anti virus I wonder if its clashing with yours ??
    Have you tried turning off the AOL one ??

Comment

Get rid of AOL.

We were with them for seven years without a problem until the last take over.

That's when all the problems started.

We couldn't even get a connection. When OH rang them they said they would email a solution to us.

Hello??????????? We don't have any Internet connection!!!

Comment

Val as far as I'm aware you have to pay to have AOL's Antivirus.

Hi Margaret, Yes thought of geting rid of AOL been nothing but probs since they had the change over. Rang them not much help. Was like talking to the wall.

Been with them for years too. I know on the AOL threads loads of people are having probs with this Dial BB.

Think I'll have to do a change over myself. To another broadband server.
        Last edited by Lancashire Lass; 09-11-08, 22:42.

Comment

The only time i have had problems it has always been a pc issue and not an AOL problem. We did upgrade to a higher speed and the router couldn't connect to the old pc so we stuck with the old modem, in the end it gave up the ghost.

The "not connected" problem is usually a firewall issue.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
          My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
          My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Hi Glen I've even turn the Firewall off & still have the same probs saying not connected to the internt. I've unstalled Norton . Then even tried it then but still no joy. So it must be AOL

Comment

well according to this I got from googling

AOL has it's own MCAfee Firewall program

Comment

Hi Val, Thanks for that. I've read it before. I know that I have no McAfee in my add or remove programmes list. 2nd Norton Live Update can not update cause it thinks I'm not connecetd. Norton wont even configure anything now since AOL Dial BB because I can't get all the updates for the programme . I think they don't like to work together.

Just got to download my Antivirus updates every week from Nortons Website.
                I gone back forward on there website for help.

Comment

I don't suppose it is as simple as clicking on "File" and then unticking "Work Offline", is it?
                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi KiteRunner, I'm affraid not. Wish it was that simple :D

Comment

Working...
                    X