Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allowing family members in other countries to view and add

I am new at this.
    I would like to build a family tree for first time and have family members in other countries view and add. No research is necessary. If I buy FTM and install it on my computer, how will my family members abroad access and edit it? Will i have additional cost to the initial purchase of the FTM program? If so, to whom and how much?

Hi & welcome to FTF

I am not sure about FTM, someone else on here will probably know the answer, but if you have a subscription to Ancestry you can build your tree on there & have other relatives as "editors" so that the can add to your tree. Bear in mind that you may not always be happy with what they add though!

Joanie

Comment

Hi & welcome to FTF.

You can put a tree on Tribal pages as well, and the give family members passwords so they can see your tree and edit it.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

I personally wouldn't allow anyone access to edit my tree. By all means share information but do the editing yourself. It's so easy for someone to delete all your tree by mistake.
        Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Daphne,

That sounds like the voice of experience - bitter experience!

Hope not.

Hugo

Comment

Hugo, didn't happen to me but did to a friend. I have though had all my tree taken and put out as the takers own work so now I'm careful not to give full access to anyone and only share relevant branches.
            Daphne

Looking for Northey, Goodfellow, Jobes, Heal, Lilburn, Curry, Gay, Carpenter, Johns, Harris, Vigus from Cornwall, Somerset, Durham, Northumberland, Cumberland, USA, Australia.

Comment

Working...
            X