Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

full Ancestry subscription, does anyone have it.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• full Ancestry subscription, does anyone have it.......

......and if so, please could you do a look up for me. I am more than willing to pay for the information if required.
    Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

What is it you are looking for?, I have the world sub.

Comment

Hello Sue - I am looking for Edward Josephy, 1870 onwards. There is only one on Ancestry and he turns up en route to New York, and then living there.

What I need to know, or confirm, is that he was born in Mecklenburg, Germany, and was a woollen merchant. (And of course, any other info)

Birth about 1834
      Last edited by sally; 08-11-08, 21:18.
      Sally - Researching amongst others, JOSEPHY; WRIGHTSON; COOPER; GLOVER; DOWNING AND DICKINSON.

Comment

1870 has him born c1834 in Germany, occupation importer.

Is this the one you mean as there are others born later.
        Last edited by SuffolkSue; 08-11-08, 21:21.

Comment

This might be the above chap as I can't see him after 1870.

New York County, Letters of Administration Index, 1743-1875 (Barber Collection)
          about Edward Josephy
          Name of Intestate: Edward Josephy
          Administration Date: 6 Jun 1871

Name of administrater = Hugo Josephy.

Comment

Yes, that's the one Sue - I realised that I had omitted his date of birth, and added it to my previous post.

Thank you so very very much - it is wonderful to have confirmation. This particular man briefly stayed in Leeds and became a naturalised British subject, and then disappeared completely, but it seems that he jiggered off to New York

Comment

What was that all about then? Oh flip, who the heck was Hugo!!! You seem to solve one problem and end up with another.
              I can't see any available record for his passage to America - it's all about a later Edward. My Edward is not straightforward it seems
              Last edited by sally; 08-11-08, 21:35.

Comment

Can't see any signs of him on the passenger lists.

If you pm me your email I can send you the 1870 image, if you'd like it, then you can see who else was in the household.

Comment

I will do that Sue, and thank you so much once again.

Comment

Working...
                  X