Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could somebody look on 1871 please for a William Hills with wife Elizabeth Ann and children Charles c 1867 Woolwich and Maria c 1870 Woolwich.
    I think this is my last shot at the Butler family.
    Thank you
    Gloria

Have you found the family together on another census - if so can you give us the reference.
    Elaine

Comment

I take it they are not there then Elaine.
      I was just exploring another possibility for my Butler family.
      Nowhere to be see.
      Thanks for looking.
      Gloria

Comment

Well I cant see them with the information you have given so far - but if you have them on another census then at least we would have an approximate age and place of birth for parents, which might make the searching a bit easier.
        Elaine

Comment

I cannot even see a birth registration for Charles b 1867 Woolwich or Maria b 1870 Woolwich on freeBMD - where did you get the information from?
          Elaine

Comment

Dont worry about it ELaine, they are or were known as Butler in 1881 and at the time of Marias marriage in 1890 but no birth registrations under that name. They were in the metropolitan district school in 1881 but both described as nearest living rellie to each other so I have no hope:o
            I have been doing various searches and calculations and thought that maybe the marriage of Elizabeth Butler to William Hills in Woolwich after they were born may have produced an answer.
            I have tried so many angles on this one but I dont like to give up. I have looked at the chance of their mother dying so thats why they were put into the school but cant find a death that would fit in and been looking at 2nd marriages etc etc.
            The only thing that is intriguing about this is that Maria gives her fathers name on her marriage as William Butler and on 1871 there is a family that fits but this isnt them as that family is on a later census with Maria married to Shurety.
            So for the time being I have drawn another complete blank.
            Now wouldnt it be good if on the night of the 1911 census Maria had a relation sleeping over, especially her mother!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X