Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancestry - ships passenger lists for Australia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry - ships passenger lists for Australia?

Hi,
    Does ancestry.uk have ships passenger lists for people leaving Britain to emmigrate to Australia?
    What about Find My Past? Do they have the same records too?
    My cousin wants to know for a friend of hers, and I said I'd ask on here.

Jan

Jan, what sort of dates are you looking for, please? It will be easier to help if we know that.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Hi Kiterunner,
      My cousin's friend hasnt told her the dates, so she is going to get back to him when she can, to try and find out .
      I've given her the URL's for ancestry and Find my past, so hopefully they will be able to sort themselves out with those sites.
      I'll leave it to them now - thanks for trying to help.

Jan

Comment

Findmypast has Outbound passenger Lists and Australia is covered. They go from 1890 to 1960 from memory.

If it is just one person I can do a lookup for your friend if you find out the details.
        Kit

Comment

Originally posted by Kit the Kat View Post
          Findmypast has Outbound passenger Lists and Australia is covered. They go from 1890 to 1960 from memory.

If it is just one person I can do a lookup for your friend if you find out the details.
          Hi Kit,
          Thanks very much for your kind offer, but I think there are quite a few people she wants to look up, and she has decided to join Findmy past herself.

Jan

Comment

Working...
          X