Looking for help for a fellow Almack historian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for help for a fellow Almack historian

I have been a contact with an American whose Almack dynasty started in the Uk

She knows that a William Almack in 1764 from st Olave surrey (-would this of been Southwark??) stole a watch worth 30 shillings from John Caborn and as a result was sent to america as an indentured servant on board a ship named DOLPHIN

He then married in america and thus the Almacks started over there

Does anyone know where I might find more information about this please??

I stress we don't know at the moment if he was born in this area - this is just the last we have heard of him
    Names I am researching
    GARNETT, ALMACK, WHITAKER, WARD, ARCHER - Skipton, Yorks HIBBERT, SHUTTLEWORTH, HAYTHORNWHITE, HITCHEN, MARSDEN Lancashire EMERY Manchester WALTON Northants and Sunderland PARROTT Northants GREENWOOD, Lancs and Yorks SUNDERLAND, TODD, KEIGHLEY, SNOWDEN, TURNER Yorkshire WOODROFFE Wilts, Leics and North East CROSSLEY, COATES, FORSTER, WRIGHT, LAVERICK, CUNNINGHAM Sunderland / North East BISSETT Scotland and Sunderland

St Olave would be Southwark, yes. Have you tried looking on ancestry to see if there is anything on there?
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Found this which could be your man ..

Gazetteer and London Daily Advertiser (London, England), Saturday, February 25, 1764; Issue 10 902.

Elaine

Comment

my oh my

that is wonderful!!

where did you find that please ??
        Names I am researching
        GARNETT, ALMACK, WHITAKER, WARD, ARCHER - Skipton, Yorks HIBBERT, SHUTTLEWORTH, HAYTHORNWHITE, HITCHEN, MARSDEN Lancashire EMERY Manchester WALTON Northants and Sunderland PARROTT Northants GREENWOOD, Lancs and Yorks SUNDERLAND, TODD, KEIGHLEY, SNOWDEN, TURNER Yorkshire WOODROFFE Wilts, Leics and North East CROSSLEY, COATES, FORSTER, WRIGHT, LAVERICK, CUNNINGHAM Sunderland / North East BISSETT Scotland and Sunderland

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
          St Olave would be Southwark, yes. Have you tried looking on ancestry to see if there is anything on there?
          sorry kate i hadn't seen your post

i havn't seen anything specific to help me work back - still looking tho!!
          Names I am researching

Comment

Working...
          X