Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry.com.au

Good afternoon all,
    Looking to renew on the Oz site as my U.K. 14 day trial finishes today.
    Done a search for the thead under ancestry.com.au but nothing coming up.
    Could someone locate it please.
    Have Googled the Oz site and their doing a 14 day trial as well for new customers
    1. Would i be classed as new ?
    2. I don't want to lose my data so do i register the same details as U.K. one?

3. The price after trial is $149.95 which I think equates to £62.26...

THINK THIS IS CORRECT.
    Our equiverlant is £107.40 outrageous. Worldwide is a lot more but i don't need that yet,
    Regards Edi.x.

Is this the thread you are looking for

or this one
    Elaine

Comment

Ahh,
      Thanks Elaine.
      I've just been having a chuckle reading the Time Machine thread .
      If only eh,
      Good fun though .
      Edi.x.

Comment

My subscription runs out at the end of the month and I am tempted with the oz one.
        However, now that the uk is split into 2, less and more for want of their real titles, does the oz one give as much as the more or is it the less with extra oz info?
        If it's to be, it's up to me.
        Searching for:
        English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanie with one n. View Post
          My subscription runs out at the end of the month and I am tempted with the oz one.
          However, now that the uk is split into 2, less and more for want of their real titles, does the oz one give as much as the more or is it the less with extra oz info?
          Hi Jeanie.
          Just been looking at the links above.
          Click on the 2nd link and there's a list of whats available on the Oz one you'll be able to tell better if it's suitable for your needs.
          Regards
          Edi.x.

Comment

Many thanks Edi. Will do so.
            Searching for:
            English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Jeanie - don't forget you can do a 14 day free trial of the Aussie site to see if it gives you what you need - obviously remember to cancel before the end of the 14 day period if you don't want to continue with it.
              Elaine

Comment

Hi Elaine, can you run the free trial alongside being a member of the uk one?
                Searching for:

Comment

No idea - try it and see but if not sign up with a different email addy.
                  Elaine

Comment

Will do.
                    Searching for:

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanie with one n. View Post
                      Hi Elaine, can you run the free trial alongside being a member of the uk one?
                      Jeanie,
                      Just logged on to the Oz one in usual way and then looked did a searc and clicked on link came up saying i needed to join to proceedHve just done it gone thru smoothly.
                      Have to go on school run will keep you posted as to how good it is
                      Edi.x.

Comment

Hi

can you transfer family trees etc? And also can you do monthly subs? I am currently on a monthly with the Ancestry Uk site
                        Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Hi Edi,
                          I went on my husbands laptop and have joined using one of his cards.
                          Must say it looks slightly confusing compaired to the home page that I am used to.
                          Also, when I put in my one name of interest it leads me to lots of USA sites and then says I have to join the worldwide one to see them.
                          I must remember to click the UK and OZ only button.
                          Only had time for a quick look but it certainly seems to cover all that I use on ancestry UK.
                          Am busy for the rest of this evening but will have a better look tomorrow.
                          Searching for:

Comment

Does Aus membership include Pallots Marriage Index, can't see it on that list?

Comment

Hi Richard, yes it does..

Show/Hide United Kingdom Birth, Marriage & Death
                              Index to Irish Marriages, 1771-1812 View Original Documents
                              Inverness-shire, Scotland: Parish and Probate Records
                              Irish Gravestone Inscriptions View Original Documents
                              Irish Marriages, 1771-1812
                              Irish Records Extraction Database
                              JewishGen Online Worldwide Burial Registry (JOWBR) - New/Updated - Free Index
                              JewishGen Yizkor Book Necrology Database - New/Updated - Free Index
                              Kent, England: Parish and Probate Records
                              Kincardineshire, Scotland: Parish and Probate Records
                              Kinross-shire, Scotland: Parish and Probate Records
                              Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland: Parish and Probate Records
                              Knocktemple Old Cemetery Inscriptions, County Cavan, Ireland
                              Lanarkshire (Glasgow), Scotland: Parish and Probate Records
                              Lancashire, England: Parish and Probate Records
                              Latvia: Riga Jewish Marriages, 1854-1921 - New/Updated - Free Index
                              Lee, Kent, S. Margaret Church Register, 1579-1754
                              Leicestershire, England: Parish and Probate Records
                              Lincolnshire, England: Parish and Probate Records
                              Lithuania: Birth Records from Various Towns, 1822-1940 (not all years) - New/Updated - Free Index
                              Lithuania: Death Records from Various Towns, 1845-1940 - New/Updated - Free Index
                              Lithuania: Kelme Records, 1816-1944 - New/Updated - Free Index
                              Lithuania: Marriage and Divorce Records from Various Towns, 1855-1940 - New/Updated - Free Index
                              Lleyn Hundred and Eifionydd Commot, Wales Churchyards
                              London Times, Births and Christenings, 1983-2003
                              London Times, Deaths, 1982-1988
                              London Times, Marriages, 1982-2004
                              London, England: Parish and Probate Records
                              London, England: St. Botolph, Bishopsgate Baptisms, 1628-1690
                              Louth, Ireland: Parish and Probate Records
                              Middlesex, England: Parish and Probate Records
                              Midlothian (Edinburgh), Scotland: Parish and Probate Records
                              Moray, Scotland: Parish and Probate Records
                              Nairnshire, Scotland: Parish and Probate Records
                              Norfolk, England: Parish and Probate Records
                              Northamptonshire, England: Parish and Probate Records
                              Nottinghamshire, England: Parish and Probate Records
                              Orkney, Scotland: Parish and Probate Records
                              Oxfordshire, England: Parish and Probate Records
                              Pallot's Baptism Index for England: 1780 - 1837
                              Pallot's Marriage Index for England: 1780 - 1837
                              Paris, France & Vicinity Births, 1700-1899 (in French) - New/Updated
                              Paris, France & Vicinity Deaths, 1707-1907 (in French) - New/Updated
                              Paris, France & Vicinity Marriage Banns, 1860-1902 (in French) - New/Updated
                              Paris, France & Vicinity Marriages, 1710-1907 (in French) - New/Updated
                              Perth, Scotland Newspaper Index Cards, 1809-1990
                              Poland: Warsaw Death Notices from Nasz Przeglad, 1923 & 1937-1938 - New/Updated - Free Index
                              Radnorshire, Wales Marriages, 1813-1835
                              Register of Baptisms and Marriages at St. George's Chapel, Mayfair
                              Renfrewshire, Scotland: Parish and Probate Records
                              Richmond, Yorkshire Civil Marriages, 1653-1660

]

Comment

Thanks Northern Light.

Comment

YW Richard, I think theres only the Irish stuff missing as this is all I can find..

Irish Gravestone Inscriptions View Original Documents
                                  Irish Marriages, 1771-1812
                                  Irish Records Extraction Database

]

Comment

Sounds great...but only other slight thing holding me back is if we join on an annual membership and want to cancel at the end of next year rather than renew, can we definently do that online? It has a tollfree number, (inside Oz!) for cancellations by looks of it, but obviously thats not going to be any good for us over here, what we save on the membership we'd lose on the phone bill!

Comment

Richard I havent a clue lol..I never thought of that!

Maybe I should have

]

Comment

hmm drat...I used to get free calls to Australia with my old talk talk broadband but not on that anymore. No, I'm sure you must be able to cancel online too...surely?

Comment

Working...
                                        X