Google Mail - Old Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Mail - Old Messages

This is a copy of a message that I sent to Webmail.com last evening 3rd November 2008
    Hello,
    I am today puzzled as to why two emails have appeared on your server for my google email address. One is for BA 10th October 2008 and the other is for Welcome to Google Mail 2007.
    Both these messages I have already received. I have left them on your server so that you are able to view them. Just puzzled by them as they were not there earlier today and they are both Old.
    Thank you,
    Margaret

*****This is the reply - Greetings,
    When you use our email retrieval tool you are actually looking at the contents of your host mail server. That being said we don't actually store any emails for you or download them at anytime. You would have to direct that question to your host as they will be able to access the server and determine the answer to your issue.
    Regards, Adrian M. Customer Support

Can anyone please explain what has happened or how I make contact with Gmail. I do not have a support address all I get FAQ.
    They are not in my Google Inbox today but I can view them via webmail still.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Google Mail have been changing a few things recently so it could be something to do with that?

Doesn't look as though they will accept emails that are not about "issues that prevent you from using or accessing Google Mail." Have a look at this page for troubleshooting info:
    Contacting Support - Help Center
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

KiteRunner,
      ***Thank you will take a look now. It certainly appears that they are living up to their name and keeping records of us all and our mail.

***Update have just taken a look at the page and get this message This Help Center isn't currently available in your language. However, you can select another language from the "Change Language" drop-down menu in the top right of the page.
      However did find it in English.
      Last edited by Margaret N; 04-11-08, 21:41.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

I have at long last found a Help site on Google and notice that some people are receiving Old emails back over a year or more.
        One person had 2,730 and could not identify the recent ones from the older ones and I am complaining about receiving two.
        It is a known issue that they are not doing anything about.
        Margaret N

Comment

Working...
        X