Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open the Door and here are the People

Just noticed this Home

Does anyone know anything about it ? - There are no prices yet Is it worth keeping an eye on?
    Joan died in July 2020.

Oooh looks interesting! does anyone fancy a sleep over meet? :D

Comment

I've sent in an email to "register my interest" so they will send me info when it's available. I bet it turns out to cost too much, though. I think they had something similar once before which was out of my price range.

Sleepover meet... unfortunately we haven't got any spare rooms! Would be lovely to meet up with anyone who comes over for it though.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

I know one of the organisers, and will almost certainly be going.
        Phoenix - with charred feathers
        Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Ooh, someone in the know! I don't suppose you have a ball-park figure for what the price is going to be, do you, Phoenix?
          KiteRunner

Comment

If it's a Friday - Sunday conference, you usually reckon £150 - £200 all found. (And there are usually options for day attenders or those who don't want the banquet on Sat night)

Organisers are obviously making this five star, so it's probably the upper end of the costs. On the other hand, the Halstead Trust is apparently rolling in funds, so it may well be heavily subsidised.

They are clearly going all out not to have the usual suspects as speakers, but lots of exciting, different topics. And the venue looks much smarter than previous conferences at Nottingham.
            Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Okay, thanks, don't think it will be in my price range!
              KiteRunner

Comment

Check the day rates, Kite. If you just go to lectures, it's probably about £20 for a full day's lectures. (Most talks seem to cost out about £6 each if heard one at a time)

Comment

Oh, o.k., that doesn't sound so bad. Maybe we'll be able to have an FTF meet there yet!
                  KiteRunner

Comment

If it's about that price tthen I'll more than likely go! I've been to that conference center before although it was many years ago and it was luvley! :D

Comment

This is highly embarrassing but where in Nottingham is the East Midlands Conference centre please? :o
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Here you go Chrissie
                        University Park , Nottingham, NG7 2RJ

Comment

They are now showing the prices - http://www.openthedoor.org.uk/cheque.html

Far too expensive for me :(
                          Last edited by Muggins in Sussex; 20-12-08, 14:25.
                          Joan died in July 2020.

Comment

thankyou....i have registered too,well the prices are too much for me lol brenda xxx

Comment

Working...
                            X