X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which software will do this for me

Hi

I have FTM 2006 which I do like

but I really don't like they way it prints an all in one tree - its more vertical iyswim

I am looking for a programme that will print everyone off, but in the standard format - ie where people from the same generations are in one line (I hope that makes sense)

The only way I seem to be able to do this in FTM is to print out descendants of one person, but then that doesn't include all the other branches

So is there a programme that will enable me to do what I want - assuming I even made sense in the first place!!:D
    Names I am researching
    GARNETT, ALMACK, WHITAKER, WARD, ARCHER - Skipton, Yorks HIBBERT, SHUTTLEWORTH, HAYTHORNWHITE, HITCHEN, MARSDEN Lancashire EMERY Manchester WALTON Northants and Sunderland PARROTT Northants GREENWOOD, Lancs and Yorks SUNDERLAND, TODD, KEIGHLEY, SNOWDEN, TURNER Yorkshire WOODROFFE Wilts, Leics and North East CROSSLEY, COATES, FORSTER, WRIGHT, LAVERICK, CUNNINGHAM Sunderland / North East BISSETT Scotland and Sunderland

Try the following prog its free to down load it might be what you are looking for.
    Genealogy Software - GenoPro

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

thanks alan - that looks really really good

eta just been browsing family historian and it loos like you can do what i want with that too - am i right???
      Last edited by humbug; 03-11-08, 20:11.
      Names I am researching
      GARNETT, ALMACK, WHITAKER, WARD, ARCHER - Skipton, Yorks HIBBERT, SHUTTLEWORTH, HAYTHORNWHITE, HITCHEN, MARSDEN Lancashire EMERY Manchester WALTON Northants and Sunderland PARROTT Northants GREENWOOD, Lancs and Yorks SUNDERLAND, TODD, KEIGHLEY, SNOWDEN, TURNER Yorkshire WOODROFFE Wilts, Leics and North East CROSSLEY, COATES, FORSTER, WRIGHT, LAVERICK, CUNNINGHAM Sunderland / North East BISSETT Scotland and Sunderland

Comment

Yes, FH puts all the generations in a line with each other. It does just about anything you want it to do, although customising it takes some practice!

Anne

Comment

thank you

ok thats good - i could put it on my christmas list perhaps??

As genopro whilst it looks good - is only for a trial period

I could try FH and if I like it drop hints to hubby - but it prints everyone - on the same generation line?
          Names I am researching

Comment

Depends how much paper you have!! If you do an 'everyone' tree they are sorted into each generation on one line but they can quickly get very wide and cover many sheets of paper.

However you can resize them and rearrange them to your heart's content. You can have anything in the individual boxes from just a name to all you have about that person. As I say, though, it takes a bit of practice to customise a diagram to be just how you want it.

There is, fortunately, a very helpful FH users website with a good forum and lots of demos to show you how to do things. Family Historian User Group - Home Page

Anne

Comment

Thankyou Anne - thats very very useful

I might give it a go and see how I get on - can but try!!
              Names I am researching

Comment

Working...
              X