Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does MMN say?

Hi

can someone try and tell me what the mothers maiden name is please. Looks to me like Muy
    Attached Files
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Couldn't make it out Robyne, the scan is too small.

Comment

oh no, how do i enlarge it? On my computer its fine, but here it seems to be tiny
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

If you use the attachment (paperclip) option to attach an image to a post, it will shrink it as there are maximum file size limits.

You can post larger image files using Photobucket. See this thread for instructions: http://www.familytreeforum.com/refer...otobucket.html
        Make sure to choose one of the larger size options (such as 1 MB or one of the screen sizes) in the "Reduce size" box when you upload your image.
        Last edited by Cloggie; 03-11-08, 13:36.
        Sarah

Comment

It's a bit too fuzzy to be certain!

You could try phoning Burton on Trent reg office. As you have the exact date of registration and the sub district from your GRO version they should be able to easliy find the original cert. I have blagged my way through this sort of thing a few times and the local offices have always been very helpful!

The Register Office, 57-60 High Street, Burton on Trent, DE14 1JS.
          Tel: 01283 538701. Fax: 01283 547338.

Comment

Robyne

Comment

Thanks for the photobucket and the record office help. I might give them a ring and see if they can help
              Robyne

Comment

Maybe?

THOMAS LAYKING
                Male

Marriages:
                Spouse: JANE URRY
                Marriage: 27 JUN 1825 Saint Thomas, Portsmouth, Hampshire, England

Comment

Oooh well done Mary! I noticed they were likely to have been married in Hants, but didn't get that far!!

Comment

Hmmmm....there are dozens (OK, a lot) of baps for Jane Urrys in the Portsmouth area around 1810!

Comment

Typically i got that marriage a while ago, and then discarded it because of the name. Does it look like Urry? Ive tried the records office but they arent answering
                      Robyne

Comment

I think ive answered my own question. It is Urry isnt it. God i feel like such a plank!
                        Robyne

Comment

Comment

Back down the records office i go, i cant believe i got it two years ago and then threw it away!!!
                            Robyne

Comment

No! Never throw anything away

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                                No! Never throw anything away
                                That's why all genealogists have little scraps of paper in every place! :D (And why non-genealogists ask what they are for!)
                                Elizabeth
                                Research Interests:
                                England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                                Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I'll second that about not throwing anything away. I had a bit of a tree sketched out for OH's side that I couldn't tie in. 10 years later, with the release of another census, it just clicked.

Comment

I found someone with the same unusual name as several people in my tree, but couldn't fit him in anywhere.

Fortunately I filed away the cutting from the Times, because 2 years later, it turned out to be my newfound 3rd cousin's long-lost uncle.

Comment

Urry is a first for me.
                                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

There are loads of Urry's on the Isle of Wight. Think they were quite rich people.

Here's a website about them if you're interested.

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                        X