Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please to prove or disprove rellie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please to prove or disprove rellie!

I have been trying to tie-up female siblings of ancestors with a spouse by looking at possible marriges and then looking for them in relevent census under that married name - If I find them and all the details match up I then know that I probably have the right marriage and can then at a later date order the cert to prove without dought that they are my rellie.

So far so good!!

Now, I have been trying to find what happened to Catherine Meager born 1854 Norwood (Lambeth) Surrey

I found a marriage in 1874 to a William Etherington. This looked quite promising but I never found them in any census so just forgot all about it until yesterday when I was snooping at other peoples trees on Ancestry! I found someone had added this possible marriage and had details of children....But I still can't find them:(

I just wondered if some kind soul would have a quick look and see if they can see them...The details from tree are:-

Catherine Etherington (Nee Meager) B1854 Norwood,Surrey
    Wed in Croydon 1874
    William Etherington b1856 Croydon, Surrey

Children -
    Ann 1873 Lambeth
    Catherine 1875 Lambeth
    William 1879 Lambeth

Catherine (the elder) apparently died in the last quarter of 1881 so I would expect to find her with famly in 1881??

William did remarry and heve more children and I will post the details I have if you need them..

I hope you can help - this is driving me mad!!!

1881 transcribed as Eatherington
    RG11; Piece: 627; Folio: 41; Page: 11
    Elaine

Comment

They are transcribed as EATHERINGTON

Name Age
      Ann Eatherington 6
      Catherine Eatherington 25
      Catherine Eatherington 4
      William Eatherington 25
      William Eatherington 2

Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 627; Folio: 41; Page: 11;

yOU ARE TOO QUICK FOR ME eLAINE! ;)
      Bridget

Comment

Thank you very much Elaine!!

I did try searching without a surname - Just first name date and place of birth but couldn't find any possibles!!!

Thanks again!

And thank you Bridget!

Comment

I just looked at the image and they are living next door to the Dove family that I'm related to twice by marriage!!

Comment

Working...
          X