The Voters' list for the city of London, 1897

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Voters' list for the city of London, 1897

I have been trying to access records from this newly added database on Ancestry, but each time I try to view the results of a search I'm taken to a page showing the message

The record that you've just tried to view is available through one of the memberships below.
    Choose a membership with which you'd like to start your 14 day free trial.
    I already have a sub to Ancestry and am not having difficulty accessing the usual records.

Has anyone else managed to view any of the Voters' list records?
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Hi Jill.,

you're up late, do you have a link for those that have a sub?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hiya Julie - fell asleep on the sofa earlier so am wide awake now!

The Voters' list for the city of London, 1897 - Ancestry.co.uk
      Gillian

Comment

seems to be working for me

who are you looking for?
        Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Hi Zoe - I was just trying it out initially. The name I used was Hadrill and there were supposedly two results.

May I ask which Ancestry membership package you have?
          Gillian

Comment

actually, I'm wrong. when I go through to view the result I get the subs page too

Brain didn't understand what you were saying.

I upgraded from what used to be the basic UK package to the not so basic package recently. I can't see how they could justify NOT including city of London in the UK upgraded version.

Perhaps it's just a glitch whilst they upload it properly
            Zoe in London

Comment

well I reckon we should get it:

* English and Welsh Birth, Marriage & Death indexes 1837-2005
              * UK Census records 1841-1901
              * The largest online collection of British World War One military records
              * Pre-1837 Parish & Probate record collections
              * Pallot's Baptism and Marriage Indexes 1780-1837
              * New historical content, as soon as it's released

and

#
              Search millions of records spanning hundreds of years

From essential records, such as Birth, Marriage & Death indexes, to pre-1837 Parish & Probate record collections, Pallot's Baptism and Marriage Indexes and marriage licences.

#
              Looking to the future of family history

We're constantly restoring old historical documents, digitizing them and then releasing them online - like records from the London Metropolitan Archives, the Archive CD Books collection and more.

Zoe in London

Comment

Thanks Zoe - at least I know the problem is their end not mine.

I renewed hours before the pricing changes so have the premium package. Like you, I can't see that access to the London records would not be included in that.

I'll give it a few days to settle down and try again.
                Gillian

Comment

I've just sent them a strongly worded email enquiring whats going on and expressing my disappointment at them constantly moving the goalposts with what's included in their packages and forcing long term subscribers to take out more expensive packages by removing/limiting access to certain UK records when they've paying for UK access for years
                  Zoe in London

Comment

The trouble is, they are still the best all-in site so they know they have a captive market. I think a loyalty discount would be fair though.
                    Gillian

Comment

I just tried too. It says I have to upgrade to worldwide membership.

I suspect that their aim is to eventually have only worldwide membership.
                      Kit

Comment

Could this be London, Ontario, Canada? Source states [London, Ont?] and this would explain the need for a worldwide membership.
                        Jenny

Comment

It is for London Ontario. I do have a worldwide membership and it says it is..

Source: Original data: The Voters' list for the city of London, 1897. [London, Ont.?]: [s.n.], 1896.
                          Caroline
                          Caroline's Family History Pages
                          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Of course! How dumb am I!!:o

If I had scrolled down to the table of contents on the search page I would have seen the "Ont".

Thank you for clearing that up Jenny and Caroline - I probably would have gone on trying to access it for days!:D
                            Gillian

Comment

Poor Zoe. She sent an email about it. At least we are stupid only on here.
                              Kit

Comment

Makes me stupid, too!

:o

Christine
                                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                                X