Divorce Records 1946 -1950

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce Records 1946 -1950

Anyone know where I might find divorce records for sometime between 1946 and 1950?

Hello Nicky......sorry I cannot help, but am interested in the same thing so watching this.

Comment

Just looking on the TNA site to see if there was anything relevant - it says that very few case files survive after 1937, and files are now destroyed 20 years after the divorce.

Divorce Records in England and Wales after 1858
      Elaine

Comment

Can't see anything there.
        If someone married in 1946 and again in 1950, claiming to be a batchelor both times, would he have to prove it?

Comment

I wouldnt think so, I dont know for definate but wouldnt think so.

re the proof that is, I didnt have to prove I was a spinster I dont think, Though do remember having my birth cert with me, but that wouldnt prove a man was a batchelor would it?
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I can't see how it would be possible to prove that he was a bachelor because it would basically mean, prove he hadn't previously married anyone - and it is more or less impossible to prove a negative like that. In fact, when you get married, you don't even have to prove you aren't already married.
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks everyone. Have been looking for a friend who was adopted. Its never simple is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky L View Post
                Thanks everyone. Have been looking for a friend who was adopted. Its never simple is it?
                erm nope, it sure isnt Nicky
                Julie
                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

If you had to prove that you were not already married, then no one would ever have committed bigamy. But they did commit bigamy and it is not as rare as you might think.

OC

Comment

Working...
                  X