Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which family tree software is best to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which family tree software is best to use?

Ive been trying the standard version of legacy and have now had a quick look at rootsmagic and was wondering what other people's thought's were on the best software to buy?

I think we all have differing views on which is the best - it's probably the one we get used to.

The most popular one at the moment seems to be Family Tree Maker, although I would recommend avoiding the 2008 version.
    Do you want to pay for the software - if you don't then PAF and Legacy are free to download from the internet.
    I believe on the Family Historian website there is a 30 day free trial - so you could try that one out as well.

Not much help, am I!
    Last edited by Elaine ..Spain; 31-10-08, 22:06.
    Elaine

Comment

I can highly recommend Kith and Kin Pro from Softspan it also comes with treedraw software that will print out your tree in the recognised format.

You can download a thirtyday trial from softspan, I can't remember the url but if you google softspan it will pop up, It is a scottish company so in the Uk

Comment

Ian,
        You might find some useful comments on the following thread - a recent poll to see which software was used by our members.
        Elaine

Comment

I find Legacy to be a good software. I used to use one of the older FTM but Legacy is for me. I also have a tree on Tribal Pages and GR
          Neil
          Last edited by Neil; 01-11-08, 16:14. Reason: Adding info
          Neil passed away in April 2019

Comment

Family Historian is excellent and very versatile, it draws superb trees and has a very good user group. Roots Magic is also good and there is a new version due out soon, if you buy RM3 now I believe that you will be able to download RM4 for free.

I think that both of the above have free download trials.

Margaret
            Margaret

Comment

Family Historian just won the 'Best Family Tree Program' award in Your Family Tree magazine this month!!!

I'm a FH user

Anne

Comment

Import from legacy to Ftm 2009

Thankyou all for the advice I am going to use ftm 2009 because I use ancestry a lot and want to put the tree online.
                I am trying to import my tree from Legacy to ftm 2009 and when I do most of the dates are missing!
                How do you import the tree without losing half the info?
                Ian

Comment

Working...
                X