This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Service Pack 1

I keep getting asked on the pc to update to Vista Serice Pack 1, but am reluctant to do so as I have heard this can cause problems. Any ideas please?
    Stella passed away December 2014

I updated mine Stella and haven't had any problems.
    Elaine

Comment

No problems with Vista SP1 here either.
      Sarah

Comment

Thank you Sarah and Elaine. Is it true that it takes about an hour to do? Seems a long time.

Comment

Mine took about 40 minutes from start to finish.
          Elaine

Comment

That was a quick reply Elaine - thanks.

Comment

Well, tried doing it, but was unable to - got the error 4c7, whatever that means, so have given up for the time being. Thanks for your advice though.

Comment

Stella what virus programme do you have as I just looked on the microsoft site and it seems some people who got this error had to turn off that and their firewall first then install it then turn it back on

Comment

this is from microsft forum

I took a chance here and just disabled my McAfee. It worked, and i was able to load SP1 Refresh. If I remember, I had to do that when i upgraded from XP to vista, but forgot all about it.

Comment

As Vista service pack 1 has just killed my laptop, despite saying it had successfully upgraded, I would treat it with extreme caution - at the very least make sure that EVERYTHING you value is safely backed up on a mempry stick or external hard drive. Online is no good if you can't even reboot.
                    Phoenix - with charred feathers
                    Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Thanks Val and Phoenix. I have AVG free Val and Spybot. After what you have just told me Phoenix, I think I will leave well alone for a while though. Thank you both.

Comment

Sorry it wasn't successful Stella. As you know I have AVG and also Spybot and had no problems whatsoever.
                        Elaine

Comment

Yes, I am a bit disappointed Elaine, but thanks for trying to help. It is a complete mystery and there isn't a great deal of info about Error 4c7 when I Google - nothing I can understand anyway. Thanks.

Comment

it seems Stella some people have had to update their drivers first,

Comment

cannot download sp1 - Tech Support Forum

read that

Comment

Thanks Val for that. It is all getting too technical for me, so for the time being am playing safe and leaving well alone. Thank you though.

Comment

okay then

Comment

Working...
                                  X