FHS with postal libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHS with postal libraries

I'm a member of Lincs FHS and have made good use of their excellent microfiche library - being able to look at the original parish records rather than transcripts has made a huge difference to my research on that side of the family.

Can anyone comment on other FH societies who have a similar library that is available to people who cannot visit in person?
    Kind regards,
    William
    Particular interests: The Cumming families of Edinkillie & Dallas, Moray

Do you have your own microfiche reader, then?

Personally I order films from my local LDS centre, which costs next to nothing, and view them on their microfilm readers.

Comment

I do, yes - much easier for me as I have a young family and would struggle to get out on my own much for any worthwhile length of time.
      Kind regards,
      William

Comment

I've also borrowed their microfiche & viewed it at the library.
        Lynn

Comment

Cheshire f.h. soc. have a microfiche loan library, but I have to go to the local lobrary to view them. We just send a s.a.e. and they come by post within a couple of days and we have about a mlnth to view them. It's a good system. Jose.

Comment

Thanks for that Jose...unfortunately I have no known ancestors from Cheshire...anyone know of any other such FHS's?
            Kind regards,
            William

Comment

I bought some PR microfiche and viewed them at the library. Same would apply to loaned ones.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
              X