Ancestry subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry subscription

I have not long renewed my Ancestry subscription, I went for the cheapest option which I have always had. I have been able to access Pallots Marriage Index for the last 2 years on this subscription. I am unable to do this now so I emailed Ancestry and ask them why after 2 years it had been taken away from me. The following is the e mail reply that I got from them.

Can anybody make sense of this because I cant lol. I am going to phone them, but am I being stupid in not understanding this e mail.

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for your email.

We split the membership so only those using the older more expensive records to acquire would have the price increase.

Kind regards,

Nathaniel
    Member Solutions
    Ancestry.co.uk

Barbara

looks like they are telling you only people with the dearer subscription will be able to access them now ??? hope thats now true .

Comment

Hi Barbara

This is because the have different levels of subscription now. The basic one doesn't have Pallots or Irish records. I was on the same one as you & I rang them up to see if they would give me a discount; they wouldn't, but they gave me the next level sub up for the price of the basic one.

Joanie

Comment

thats interesting Joan, so how much was your subscrption this time then if you dont me me asking ??

Comment

Please could somebody tell me what the Irish records are ?

I have Ancestry UK (3 months left)

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Looks like I am going to have to do a bit of grovelling then, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Barbara

Comment

Hi Val

They charged me £83 which is the cost of the basic sub. The middle one is about £102 now I believe!

I think the Irish records are some very obscure ones such as tithe applotment etc. I don't even know what that means, lol!
              The basic would have done me but I wanted access to Pallots & the few Parish records that are on there pre 1837.

Joanie

Comment

A few people on here joined via the Australian Ancestry which is a lot cheaper apparently. It worked out less than £60 for the same sub I get, but I had already renewed (August). Might be worth looking into?

Joanie

Comment

Thanks Joan
                  I was worried that I might have missed something useful ;)

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                    Thanks Joan
                    I was worried that I might have missed something useful ;)

I don't think so, lol!!!

;):D

Joanie

Comment

Quite a few of us have joined via Ancestry Au it worked out at £57 and got plenty with it ,,
                      there was a thread I put up with the link will see if I can find it to nudge it for you ;;
                      borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Does anyone know if the London records that Ancestry is digitising from LMA and putting online early next year will be available from the Aus subscription. It is a good deal, but I'm reluctant to sign up and find next year I don't have access to those records.

Comment

I have no ides Richard was just glad to get it at resonable price for this coming year will maybe go back to co.uk next year when see what they are bringing out ;
                          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

We split the membership so only those using the older more expensive records to acquire would have the price increase.
                            Their English is really very poor - I'm not surprised you couldn't understand it.

After puzzling over it for ages, I've finally realised they mean "We split the membership so that only people who use the older records, which are more expensive to acquire, would have to pay the increased price".

Comment

thanks Joan I have a little while to go so dont know whether its worth updating it now ????

Comment

Working...
                              X