Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way i can make contact?

Hi

on Ancestry someone has a photo of my ggg grandparents that i have never seen, but they have opted to not be contacted by anyone. I have searched on Tribal pages but where else can i look to see if they have an online tree somewhere? Obviously i dont want to put myself onto anyone who isnt interested, but something like this is too good to not try

many thanks
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Wow pass dear but hope you manage have you just tried googling the name to see if it brings up any links for it ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Well aswell as GRrrrrr I think Find My Past has an online tree facility. That and google like mad thinking of every variation you can think of including their user name on Ancestry, which is how I tracked down a relli who had changed her email.

And then go back and repeat the search every couple of months:o

HTH

Comment

How maddening. Why do people put their tree on ancestry if they do not want to be contacted.
        If it's to be, it's up to me.
        Searching for:
        English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Normally i wouldnt be that bothered, but its an actual picture of them both together and as i have no idea what they look like it would be amazing. plus it reckons its dated around 1890 and that in itself has to be special
          Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Hi Robyne,

If you are ancestry subscriber, you should be able to contact them through ancestry, by clicking on their user name. Ancestry will send them an email saying some one would like to get in touch with them. Well, I have done this with private trees, so it should apply to photos too.

Whether they take any notice and reply is another matter altogether !!

Di
            Diane
            Sydney Australia
            Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I've done it for private trees as well.

The other idea......have you tried googling the name in google images.

I found an 1870 photo of one of mine there.

Comment

Ancestry Aid has an online tree facility.

Good luck and hope you can get in touch

]

Comment

good luck. Seeing a photo that old would be fantastic.
                  Kit

Comment

Runs off to try Google images!!!

Comment

On some of the private trees on ancestry, if you try to contact them you get a message saying that they do not want to be contacted.
                      If it's to be, it's up to me.
                      Searching for:
                      English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

Thats what i got, might try googling though and seeing what it comes up with. i have entered in both names and it doesnt come up there so will try the images. Thanks all for your help
                        Robyne

Comment

Working...
                        X