Another three cheers, this time for Devon FHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another three cheers, this time for Devon FHS

Still hunting down my Penligens, the Devon FHS site suggested they had a total of 5 entries in various PRs. Even at a £3 min. charge for 5 entries, it seemed like a good deal compared with actual certificates (esp since these were mostly pre 1837), so I filled in the form yesterday, which then said allow 28 days.

Lo and behold, today I get an e-mail with the info! So I now have from them the first marriage for John Penligen and hence the first Elizabeth's maiden name, their daughter's (my ggg grandmother's) baptism, a marriage for what I imagine must be John's parents, a burial for what must be John's father and the marriage (along with occupation and residence) for John's youngest son. Chuffed of Switzerland

Oooh, well done! Nice when you get the info quickly too.

Comment

What a great result!

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I'm a member of the Devon FHS and they are very well-organised. Glad they came up trumps for you
        Mandy

Comment

Working...
        X