problems with photo downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with photo downloading

When I receive an attachment and download it it arrives on my comp with a white border at the side.
    I download by clicking save picture as, which I have always done.
    Any thoughts?
    Attached Files
    If it's to be, it's up to me.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Of course it is not showing it on the attatchment!!
    But on my documents and on my tribal pages site it has a white space the size of the photo.
    Searching for:
    English: Brewerton, Wilkes, Edwards, Broughton, Piercy, Brundred, Homer, Parry, Wynn, Nock, Noden, Standley and Taylor.

Scottish: McDougall,Gemmell, Hunter, Stewart, Campbell, Downs, Galt, Frew, Hill, Hand, Main, Thomson, McLarty and Murdock.

Comment

My guess is that the scan hasn't been cropped.
      When you say you download by clicking save as, where are you downloading the image from? From your e-mail? (just making sure I understand your question properly)
      Last edited by Cloggie; 29-10-08, 09:33.
      Sarah

Comment

I agree with Sarah. Looks as if the sender hasn't cropped it properly.
        Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks for reply. Yes I am downloading from an e mail. On 'my documents' the photo has a black line, making an oblong, at the side.
          This is the bit which shows white.
          Searching for:

Comment

Yep, sounds like the sender hasn't cropped the picture, so it is still showing the white background surrounding the scan.

You can crop it using photo editing software, or using Paint, which is a standard application under Accessories in Windows. To do so using Paint, open the photo in the Paint program and then select the dotted rectangle from the tools pallette, and use it to draw a box around the photo (the part you want to keep). Then click on Image > Crop, and then resave your photo.

Or if you would like me to crop it for you I can PM you my e-mail address.
            Sarah

Comment

I would love you to crop it for me!!
              Many thanks.
              Email on its way.
              Searching for:

Comment

In case you have Microsoft Office, there is also a crop function in Microsoft Office Picture Manager (one of the Microsoft Office Tools). And there is a crop function in Windows Photo Gallery in Vista.
                Sarah

Comment

I've received your e-mail Jeanie, and mailed the cropped picture back to you.
                  Sarah

Comment

Many thanks to Sarah.
                    Searching for:

Comment

Glad I could help.
                      Sarah

Comment

Working...
                      X