Kidlington Work house records 1762.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kidlington Work house records 1762.

Hello. can anyone tell me were i might find records of Kidlington work house in Oxfordshire. my 4x great grand father was born in this work house in 1762 to Elizabeth Willoughby there is no record of her before this date or after & i am trying to find out where she came from. she could have been born between 1730/1740 can any one help me thank you.

Welcome to FTF Susyswan!

www.workhouses.org.uk - The Workhouse Web Site

I suggest you contact this site and ask where the information would be found. I'm sure that they would be able to help you.

Workhouse records are usually readily available - I have two ancestors to were Masters of Workhouses and the detail of records available is staggering.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I imagine the records would be at Oxfordshire Records Office
      Oxfordshire Record Office - Oxfordshire County Council
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

The Kidlington Historical Society may be worth a try

| CommuniGate | Homepage
        Helen in Glos

Comment

Oxfordshire FHS are very helpful.
          Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

There are some 53 Elizabeth's of the Willoughby surname and variations born between 1725 and 1745 shown on the IGI- none however born in Oxfordshire. There is no reference to any Willoughby's being born in Kidlington according to the PR's I have just checked.
            Do you have any more specific information on either of them?
            George.

Comment

kidlington workhouse records

John Willoughby was born in the work house in kidlington in 1762 to Elizabeth Willoughby i can't find her before 1762 or after .
              Last edited by Guest; 27-10-08, 23:17.

Comment

We don't know whether Willoughby was her maiden or married name. There were a few Elizabeths marrying Willoughbys around that time. Well she could have been in the Workhouse because she had become widowed.
                Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

Working...
                X