Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look ups in Stalybridge?

Hi
    I wonder if anyone can do a look up for me in Stalybridge?
    I have a Samuel Hague and Elizabeth ? in the 1841 census with 5 of their 7 children, but can't seem to find their marriage lines.

There is one possible marriage: 27 Feb 1827 Samuel Haigh to Betty Neild at Mottram in Longdendale.

But the two eldest children, Hugh 1825 and Elizabeth 1826 would have been born before this.

Could Samuel or Elizabeth been married before?

Anybody got any ideas?? or could do a look up for the two children's baptisms?

Thanks Tracy

SAMUEL HAGUE

Spouse: ELIZABETH CLEGG Family
    Marriage: 25 APR 1824 Cathedral, Manchester, Lancashire, England

Comment

sorry, see your in cheshire

Comment

Were they both born in Stalybridge or could they have been married elsewhere?
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Herts View Post
          Were they both born in Stalybridge or could they have been married elsewhere?
          Samuel born in Marsden Yorkshire, but Elizabeth born in Stalybridge, and all children born Stalybridge, so likelihood, is married Stalybridge area.

Comment

I assume you have found them in the 1851 Census.
            They appear to live in Ashton-under-lyne rather than Stalybridge but I still cannot trace marriage or baptisms in that parish church either

Comment

Originally posted by holcan View Post
              I assume you have found them in the 1851 Census.
              They appear to live in Ashton-under-lyne rather than Stalybridge but I still cannot trace marriage or baptisms in that parish church either
              Yes have got them in 1851 - they are transcribed as Hagan
              Living at 7 King St Stalybridge.

Also in 1841 at King St.

Comment

If any of the children was born after 1837 then your best bet might be to get the child's birth certificate to see Elizabeth's maiden name.

I wouldn't rule out the Manchester marriage if I were you.
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                X