Manchester Burial Records Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester Burial Records Search

I do not know if this has been mentioned before, but the missing records for Manchester have now been loaded including Gorton,Manchester General and Blackley Cemeteries. All available to search by Surname.

Genealogy Search

that's great!! im sure someone will be able to use this

Comment

WOWOWOWOW!!!

Thankyou thankyou thankyou. I have about a hundred ancestors buried at St Peter Blackley. I used to play in there as a child, lol, but wasn't interested in my ancestors then.

OC

Comment

DURH!

That'll teach me to read what it says on the tin before getting too excited. It is of course municipal burial grounds!

Still, will be useful for many people no doubt - just not me, lol.

OC

Comment

It costs a minimum of £12 for 4 credits to get further details.

PS I could look at the records on film at the library as long as I know where and when
          Last edited by Pat Hope; 27-10-08, 10:17.
          PAT

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Hope View Post
            It costs a minimum of £12 for 4 credits to get further details.

PS I could look at the records on film at the library as long as I know where and when
            At least the free search can narrow down the search years and cemetaries

Comment

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
              WOWOWOWOW!!!

Thankyou thankyou thankyou. I have about a hundred ancestors buried at St Peter Blackley. I used to play in there as a child, lol, but wasn't interested in my ancestors then.

OC
              I live within a few miles of St. Peters, Blackley is there any searching you want doing

Comment

Thank you so much. I found my gr gr grandfather and his son buried at Southern Cemetary. Is there anyone that lives near there that could go and take a pic for me?

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                  Thank you so much. I found my gr gr grandfather and his son buried at Southern Cemetary. Is there anyone that lives near there that could go and take a pic for me?
                  Hi Debbie
                  Just seen your request for a grave photo. I do sometimes pass that way and would be willing to take picture. Please let me know grave details.

Comment

THANK YOU for this link - I think I have found my great-great grandfather Christopher Eccles. I have been looking for him for years !!!!

There are three listed, but 1959 and 1967 are too late, so he should be the 1927 one, but he is not listed in the GRO indexes. I have found his wife Catherine who died in 1913, and his grandmother Martha Fitton.

Better buy some credits I think, and explore the GRO indexes for 1927 !!!

Di
                    Diane
                    Sydney Australia
                    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

I have just found what looks like a family plot but checking the death index i wonder how they are connected

18/11/1944 Anthony Goulson Southern Cemetery 1818 aged 0
                      30/07/1927 Percy Goulson Southern Cemetery 1818 aged 65
                      14/01/1936 Sarah Goulson Southern Cemetery 1818 aged 48

Percy is the only one currently in my tree (married just the once as far as i know and that was 1891 so i don't know how Sarah and Anthony would fit).
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Thanks for the link. Just found the burial dates for 2x great grandparents at Manchester General Cemetery. I had the only the quarters in which they died from Free BMD.

Comment

Does anyone know where Manchester General Cemetery is please?
                          Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

GENUKI: Manchester General Cemetery, Harpurhey, Lancashire genealogy

This might help Lynne
                            PAT

Comment

Thanks Pat
                              I don't remember seeing it when I lived in Manchester all my childhood years!!

EDIT: Just looked on a map and realised it's near Queens Park.
                              Last edited by Granny Lynne; 14-12-08, 16:36.
                              Lynne

Searching for Ford, Duffy, (Manchester and Ireland) Cree (Manchester, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire), Owen (Manchester), Humphreys (Manchester and Ireland), Egerton (Manchester and Cheshire), Cresswell (Manchester).

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
                                I have just found what looks like a family plot but checking the death index i wonder how they are connected

18/11/1944 Anthony Goulson Southern Cemetery 1818 aged 0
                                30/07/1927 Percy Goulson Southern Cemetery 1818 aged 65
                                14/01/1936 Sarah Goulson Southern Cemetery 1818 aged 48

Percy is the only one currently in my tree (married just the once as far as i know and that was 1891 so i don't know how Sarah and Anthony would fit).
                                Hi
                                Next time I am near Southern Cemetary I could look up the grave for you and see what the gravestone( if any) says. Would this be of any help.

Comment

Originally posted by holcan View Post
                                  Hi
                                  Next time I am near Southern Cemetary I could look up the grave for you and see what the gravestone( if any) says. Would this be of any help.
                                  If you wouldn't mind, that would be great, this little lot are going more and more sideways in Lancs and Cheshire post 1901 and causing me grief.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Glen

Possibly, indeed probably, irrelevant, but in southern Cem there are several graves for my family.

Grave 1 - wife, husband, one of their sons. Except he wasn't buried there, just mentioned on the stone.

Grave two - wife (above) not buried there, but mentioned FIRST on the stone?! one of her sons (mentioned, not buried there) and her sister (buried there)

Grave three

Third son, his wife, parents both mentioned and yet another brother buried there.

Very, very confusing!

OC

Comment

OC

I'm saying nothing except for "Straws" and "clutching" :D

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Thanks for the link..my my father in laws family were orphaned in 1933 and some children went to Styal orphanage...now found his parents grave William and Florrie Reade in grave 1773 and burial dates

Comment

Working...
                                        X