Fred Keeves 1939 OxonBucks records?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Keeves 1939 OxonBucks records?

Trying to find out any information on Frederick Lewis Keeves. From what I know he joined the OxonBucks in 1939 as part of the BEF, but may have been put to work with the Royal Engineers. He was hospitalised, before Dunkirk I believe, but we cant find any record of him, not even in the War Diaries of the Oxonbucks. Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Thanks in advance.

Did you mean specifically about his time in the army? His army record could be obtained by his next of kin. If that is his widow it is free.

His birth and death record are showing on FreeBMD/Ancestry.

Comment

Hello, yes specifically about his time in the army, where he became a casualty/injured, where he was evacuated to etc. Widow, grandmother in law passed away. Have found his B+D. Where would I start?

Comment

It costs £30 for the army record from the MoD. Waiting time seems to be between about a month and a year! lol

The following address should be used for family members wishing to access records of deceased soldiers

Army Personnel Centre,
        Historical Disclosures,
        Mail Point 555,
        Kentigern House,
        65 Brown Street,
        Glasgow,
        G2 8EX

Google that address as I got the wrong site, but the right address! You have to send a photocopy of the death cert of the soldier and sign a doc stating you are the next of kin. The right site will tell you more. It's probably in the wiki somehwere, so you could go in there and try Army Personnel Centre in the search box.

Comment

Actually there's a link on this page for the next of kin bit:

Service records - Army

Comment

Merry
            When it says that there's no charge for enquiries from widows/widowers, presumably this means that they must have become widowed during the spouse's service ?

Tired and confused :(

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
              Merry
              When it says that there's no charge for enquiries from widows/widowers, presumably this means that they must have become widowed during the spouse's service ?

Tired and confused :(

Very good question. I don't think so, though. It's just a "perk" (sorry, that sounds a bit insensitive) for the widow(er). I expect one day they will change the ruling, as younger servicemen and women are often not married to their partners.

Comment

Working...
              X