Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann Ellis 1786 garston ,liverpool

good morning to you all..
    I had a little bit of a wake up call this morning when I found on GR Ann Ellis b 1786 Garston,Liverpool....(presuming this contact has the correct birthplace)
    the Ellis family in Garston , Liverpool are ALL my ancestors...or so I thought..
    my earliest Ellis is Edward Ellis b 1799....I don`t have his parents or any of his siblings...and now this Ann Ellis shows up...its very possible that Ann was Edwards older sister....as its pre 1837, has anyone any clues as to how I can check this possibility ?....regards...allan
    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

You could try the Liverpool Record Office. They hold some of the Garston parish registers: Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerk Project - City of Liverpool

My great-aunt lived in Garston by the way.
    Last edited by Cloggie; 26-10-08, 07:21.
    Sarah

Comment

thanks Sarah...I`ll have a look now....cheers...allan;) added...what`s the surname.I may know the family ...allan
      Last edited by garstonite; 26-10-08, 07:24.
      Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire

Comment

I don't think the Garston parish registers are online yet, so I think you would have to go to the Record Office in person.
        Or you could try the LDS Family History Centre, but as you are in Liverpool anyway the Record Office may be easier?
        Sarah

Comment

you`re right Sarah...just checked...but the babtisms start in 1777,so I should find edward and ann ellis`s parents...thats a big bonus...I might have a day in Liverpool city centre one day this week...thanks....pm me your great aunts surname...I will probably know the family...its a very close knit community here in Garston...allan;)

Comment

Wish I could just pop into Liverpool city centre!
            Maybe I'll get over there next year though.
            Will PM you now.
            Sarah

Comment

Working...
            X