Searching for Mr Hodges - Bedfordshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Mr Hodges - Bedfordshire

Am looking for this man - he was my grandmother's first husband. His DOB and first name unknown but she was called Alice Rose Titmus, born in Clophill 26.08.1891 (died 29.12.65) I believe they were married in 1913.
    He was killed in WW1. I have searched War Memorial websites and there are two possibles but without any other info to go on I need some advice on how to proceed.
    Do you know who he may be or how I can proceed with my search?
    Many thanks.

Here is their marriage so you now have his first name.....

Marriages Dec 1913 (>99%)

Hodges George W Wandsworth 1d 1087
    Titmas Alice R Wandsworth 1d 1087

** Surname is Titmas

I got the info from FreeBMD Free to search
    Sam
    Last edited by Smiley Sammy; 25-10-08, 21:23.

Comment

Wow! That was so quick! I have seen this chap listed on Ancestry.com but discounted him because he lived so far away from Clophill (none of the other members of the family seemed to bother travelling over the county border) Many many thanx Do you have family connections?
      Lynette

Comment

The marriage cert should have his father's details n it so if the deaths you have seen mention parents, you may be able to tie the two together.

Comment

Were you aware of two children born to this marriage?

Comment

No family connections Lynette... I was just waiting to pounce on someone needing help as I am bored....lol!

Comment

Ahhhhh! On a Sat nite too - I got two kids, what's your excuse? :-) Well thanx for that - will be able to tie few loose ends now. Thanks again.

Comment

You're welcome
                I've got 4!!
                Plus 2 Jack Russells....
                a pile of ironing...
                washing up in the sink...
                Husband at work...
                and I'm sat here
                A girl's got to get her priorities right:p

Comment

Yes, I do know of the two children born to this marriage - Rosa who I knew of as Aunty Rosie. She emigrated to Oz and I received many hankies with pics of the Sydney Harbour Bridge on them on various xmases in the 1970's! Her brother was called George. Thank you for your help!

Comment

4 kids?! Jeez! Do they know the clocks go back tonite?
                    Don't mean to sound cocky but I done all my ironing earlier, although the house is a total mess......
                    I'm coming back in my next life as a man. Or a cat. Pass the gin......

Comment

Originally posted by sly242 View Post
                      Yes, I do know of the two children born to this marriage - Rosa who I knew of as Aunty Rosie. She emigrated to Oz and I received many hankies with pics of the Sydney Harbour Bridge on them on various xmases in the 1970's! Her brother was called George. Thank you for your help!
                      lol!! Rosa was born before the marriage, by the look of it, but registered with the father present:

Births Sep 1913
                      Hodges Rosa G H Titmas Wandsworth 1d 1249
                      Titmas Rosa G H Titmas Wandsworth 1d 1249
                      that's why there are two entries in the index.

George was born back in Bedfordshire

Births Dec 1914
                      HODGES George Titmas Ampthill 3b 525

Originally posted by sly242 View Post
                      I'm coming back in my next life as a man. Or a cat. Pass the gin......
                      lol!! me too!

Comment

Working...
                      X