My Elusive BRADY family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Elusive BRADY family

My second cousin (once removed) informed me that my Gran had yet another brother, Thomas BRADY, who served during WWI, was gassed at [Epsey?] and died ca.1919, while in a sanatorium in Dublin.

2 weeks ago I received a death certificate from Ireland for Thomas Brady. The one they sent me, was Thomas Brady who died in 13 May 1921 in Lourdes Hospital Kill-o-Grange.

It states that he was aged 30, an Ex-Soldier and was married. No home address on the certificate or his wife's name.

It was registered in the Dist of Stillorgan in the Superintendent Registrar's district of Rathdown. Co. Dublin

Most of the above details tie up with what we know...except for his wife and any children.

Can anybody claim him as their relative too?
    Would love to know who is wife was and any descendants.

Thomas was one of 18 children but only 8 living on the 1911 Dublin Census, Leeson Street, Lower (only 2 at home M. Charles Brady and Emily F Brady, my Gran)

Other siblings that reached adulthood were:
    ‘Ned’ Brady, served in the British Army, died 1915, at a WWI battle.
    Agnes Brady, possibly married John SHEEHAN
    ‘Minnie’ Brady possibly Mary, married Arthur Grace.
    Bridget Josephine married Bernard Rooney.
    Martha Brady married Joseph Thorpe
    Michael Charles Brady married Bridget O’Brien
    Arthur Brady..no trace of him, as yet. Arthur, was a glassworker - possibly at St. Helens, England (Lancashire).
    Mary Brady married a Mr. MUDGE/MUDGY or M’Gee apparently resided at 111 Hartshaw Street, St. Helens, Lancashire, England (possibly in the late teens/early 1920s).
    Emily Florence Brady married James Pollard (my Grandparents)

A ‘Lizzie’ Brady fits in her somewhere along the line too!

Other siblings..possibly died as children…I have their Baptism records/Birth Certs.
    All born Co. Dublin and later ones in Dublin City.
    Catherine Brady - 2 named Catherine.
    Daniel Brady,
    John Brady,
    Patrick Brady,
    Peter Brady,

Anyone else related to this large Brady family from Dublin, born 1873 -1894+?
    Parents: Michael & Bridget Brady.
    teresa
Working...
X