This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM Charting companion has

Hi as anyone got FTM charting companion that could help ,,,,I have just tried to view a descendants view before printing and I keep getting the following message ;;

This file does not have a program associated with it to perform this action,
    create an association in the Set association pane ;;;

er cant find that anywhere to do it looked in file options etc ????help
    have never had this before
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Charting Companion on the help centre

Answer

And printer problems associated with FTM;

Answer
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

When I do a preview, it opens as a pdf in Adobe reader.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Yes this usually does Wendy but for some reason it isnt this time got me baffled now even made new gedcom and carnt find that and have stored it in the usual place;;

Comment

Have you got the most up to date Adobe Reader installed? Think it's 9. Perhaps if you install/reinstall that, it might sort out the problem.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

It works ok for most things I have downloaded the maual ok from site

Comment

The pdf driver in FTM might be causing bother or the defualt printer settings could be wrong.

Both subjects are covered on the helpcentre.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Glen its took me over half hour to reinstall adobe 9 I just cannot understand whats going on , I have made new gedcom and stored it in my ftm file yet when I look for it through the file part in charting companion its not there ,,,seriously think its something to walk away from today as its doing my head in now

Comment

Forget the GEDCOM file problem, that is a different issue altogether.

Go through the process again and see exactly when the error message appears, you can then decide which of the links i have found below will be most suitable.

If the error message appears when you try to preview the tree then it is probably problem with the charting companion.

Answer

If the problem occurs during the "export to pdf" process then it's likely to be a pdf driver issue.

Answer

If the chart won't print then you could have a "default printer" or printer driver issue.

Answer

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

[QUOTE=Glen in Tinsel Knickers;1452531]Forget the GEDCOM file problem, that is a different issue altogether.

Go through the process again and see exactly when the error message appears, you can then decide which of the links i have found below will be most suitable.

If the error message appears when you try to preview the tree then it is probably problem with the charting companion.

Answer

If the problem occurs during the "export to pdf" process then it's likely to be a pdf driver issue.

Answer

Glen I have both these problems have had look through those pages but ????
                    have managed to print of the bit of tree I wanted but obvious with no preview very difficult to space things and change appearance of parts of it ;;;

Comment

In order to correct the problem you need to work out what is causing the problem initially, it may be an FTM issue or it may be the charting companion

The charting companion link also gives additional links to the software providers searchable help forum, i have also added them below for you, have you already tried them?

Check Progeny’s Frequently Asked Question forums:
                      Progeny Software Customer Support -> Frequently Asked Questions (Go to 'Customer Support' to ask a question)

Search Progeny’s Support forums to see if anyone else has encountered the same issue. If you need instructions for searching, please click the link below:
                      How to use the Forum to get Technical Support. - Progeny Software Customer Support

If you are unable to find help using any of the resources above, you can post your question to Progeny’s Support forum. For posting instructions, please click the link below:
                      How to use the Forum to get Technical Support. - Progeny Software Customer Support

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Thanks Glen have posted on Progeny’s Support forum.Waiting for another answe but will be amorrow now I think ;;;
                        you have been great help just hope I dont have to uninstall FTMCC as it was download from there site and carnt find e-mail link for it ;;;silly girl I am ;;

Comment

Working...
                        X