Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print without black borders, how to.

Hello,
    Hope someone can help ( In simple terms please) I have got a 14 free trial on Ancestry so i'm trying to save as much data as possible in the short time i have.
    The problem i have is.
    Census,
    view image,
    on right side of top tool bar you have options to save,
    I have saved to folder on computor,
    When you go to folder to look at image it has a black background around the edge of document.
    I have printed 1 off but it is using a lot of ink because of the black borders.
    How if possible can i get rid of the border.
    Sorry it's a bit long winded .
    Regards EDI.X.

Use either paint or a picture editing programme to "crop" the image and remove the border.

Julie did a visual "how to" thread, the example uses a certificate as the image, the idea will be the same though as the image is saved on your pc.

I would use the free trial period to get as much as i could info and image wise, then worry about cropping the images when the trial stops.
    Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 25-10-08, 13:29.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Originally posted by Glen in Tinsel Knickers View Post
      Use either paint or a picture editing programme to "crop" the image and remove the border.

Julie did a visual "how to" thread, the example uses a certificate as the image, the idea will be the same though as the image is saved on your pc.

I would use the free trial period to get as much as i could info and image wise, then worry about cropping the images when the trial stops.
      Thanks for this Glenn,
      The visual is just the job,
      Will do as suggested and get all i need.
      Thankyou EDI,x,

Comment

Working...
      X