Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alice Matilda Lamb - who did she marry in 188 and where is she in 1891?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice Matilda Lamb - who did she marry in 188 and where is she in 1891?

I have a new contact and I'm trying to get to grips with some more Lambs of Huntingdon.

Alice Matilda Lamb born March qr 1864

Married Mar qr 1888. Only man on page William Gibson.
    I can't find her on the 1891 census.

Did she marry William Gibson or another man? I've spent 30 mins looking for her.
    Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 24-10-08, 13:53.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

I think I have just found her -

on FMP there is an entry for WILLIAM SAVAGE marriage 3b 297 in Huntingdon in March 1888, same date as Alice Matilda Lamb's marriage.

Also I have found an entry on the 1901 census for Willaim and Alice, which I'm just going to take a look at.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I think William Gibson married Sarah Mary Merry and this is them in 1891:

RG12; Piece: 1241; Folio 28; Page 20

Comment

Thanks, Merry. I finally found her.

These are all descendants of OH's Lamb family from Huntingdon. My contact is descended from OH's 5xgt grandfather! I have a long line to investigate (he only has about 260 people on his tree, but I'm adding to them fast!!):D
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:

Comment

1891 Savage
          RG12; Piece: 153; Folio 91; Page 43
          Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine. I found them plus the births of the four children on the 1901 census.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

Bother, I just sat in the kitchen and ticked off all the Huntingdon marriage refs against each other lol

Didn't occur to me to come back here! lol (didn't occur to me it wouldn't have been transcribed yet either! lolol)

Comment

Oh, Merry! :o

Big cyber hugs for you for your sterling efforts - you always go the extra mile to help out!

(((HUGS HUGS HUGS))

*watches boards to see when I can help Merry*
                Elizabeth
                Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
                X