Need help..ellen jane bellamy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help..ellen jane bellamy..

Hi sammyB here ,i am new to this site and i am trying to find out more information on ellen jane bellamy bn exter 1855 married to charles henry gard
    in 1892. the problem i have is finding her on any official records before this marriage. i thought this might have been a second marriage ,but she says she was a spinster on the m cert. she had 1 child with charles ,which they called ellen jane gard, she was my mother's mother. we were led to believe that ellen jane gard had sept brother's and sister's but i am starting to question if they were ejG siblings or ejB siblings......HELP.. i'm very confused. Any help would be greatly recieved . sammyB

Welcome to FTF Sammy.

I am going to move your message over to our Research Q&As section so that it will get noticed by our happy band of helpers!
    Elaine

Comment

Hi Sammy~~
      Welcome to FTF. I hope that you enjoy being with us.
      I gather that you have Ellen's marriage cert. Can you give us a few more details.
      Where was she married? What name & occupation is given for her father? What were the names of the witnesses?

Comment

Welcome to FTF!

Have you looked only as "Ellen" - because that's one of those names that turns up in variations: Helen, Eleanor, Ellenor... and any other misspellings or variants you can think of!

What father's name did she give on her marriage cert?

Christine

PS - not forgetting "Nell" etc
        Last edited by Christine in Herts; 24-10-08, 11:31.
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Have you found Ellen with Charles in 1901?

I only ask because the immediately obvious candidate (age and PoB) is married to a William GARD.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've now found a Charles (38) & Ellen J (42) in Exeter.
            RG13/2043 fo35 p29

Presumably she wanted to be a bit nearer in age to her husband? That makes her b 1858-9.

Christine

Comment

Welcome to the forum

There is a birth for Ellen Jane Bellamy Q/E Dec 1855 Exeter Vol 5b Page 73

Jackie
              Jackie

Comment

I haven't read this properly because I've got visitors, but I don't know how much of the info (if any) is on this old thread:

Particularly post 14, I think??????????

Comment

Thanks for reponses.yes any info after the marriage i can find .no problem .its the details before the marriage which i need to fill in But what i do know is they were married at hte registry office in exeter devon 5 june 1892. her father was william bellamy deceased a seaman in merchant service. The witneses were elizabeth bellamy her sister, and a m h neal who i don't know who he is in relation to either of them. prosume he is male?. elizabeth is also proving hard to track before her marriage to frank snow. sammyB

Comment

Sammy, if you haven't done so already, click on the link in Merry's message above. I think that you will find all the info you want there, all ready & waiting for you! LOL!!
                    BTW...The M H Neal appears to be Mathew Henry Neal.

Comment

Hi Sammy B, I have only just gone back to this thread out of curiosity thinking it had run out of steam! I am Robin Bellamy and Ellen Jane was my Great Grandmother too, if you would like to have a chat please let me know via my e-mail address and I will give you my phone number, look forward to hearing from you,

Robin. (bellamy77@media-maker.com)

Comment

Working...
                      X